Possible to transfer beverage package within group?

Is it possible to transfer a purchased beverage package to someone else within the group?  

At the moment I have the soda plus internet package for myself.   If I decide I don't want the package for myself, can I transfer it to one of the kids?   The plan was for the adults (mainly me) to use the one-device internet as needed for wifi-calling home.   Does texting work on cell phones if you have wifi?  

3 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Is it possible to transfer a purchased beverage package to someone else within the group?  

At the moment I have the soda plus internet package for myself.   If I decide I don't want the package for myself, can I transfer it to one of the kids?   The plan was for the adults (mainly me) to use the one-device internet as needed for wifi-calling home.   Does texting work on cell phones if you have wifi?  

No, you can’t transfer the package. However there is nothing stopping you from giving the freestyle cup you receive to the kids to use in the machines and then you still have the WI-FI

Well, bummer.   Our ship, Voyager doesn't have the machines, so a bartender or employee will need to be involved to get sodas and apparently they sometimes check the seapass card.  I'll cancel and rebook now while the price is still the same.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, you can’t transfer the package. However there is nothing stopping you from giving the freestyle cup you receive to the kids to use in the machines and then you still have the WI-FI

Thank you for encouraging cheating.  It does seem to be the way going forward.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I NEVER encouraged cheating.

If ONE refreshment package was purchased and ONE child uses the cup, there is absolutely no cheating.

She has the WiFi with soda.  She says...At the moment I have the soda plus internet package for myself.   

You are telling her to keep the wifi but let someone else use the cup.. Sounds like cheating.. looks like cheating, you know the rest.  I was being light hearted, we always give the cup from the beverage package to our granddaughter if she is along, and I admit I am cheating. 

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I NEVER encouraged cheating.

If ONE refreshment package was purchased and ONE child uses the cup, there is absolutely no cheating.

You may not encourage cheating but it looks like that's what you're doing.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the package you bought, as an individual, is for you to have wifi and a soda package.  Did it say anything about sub-dividing the use of the package?  Of course, it's no big deal in the great scheme of things but I think it's important all of us at least acknowledge what we're doing.

The price of a soda package is minor enough that if I wanted soda, I'd have one for myself.   If the ship had freestyle machines, we'd all have one.   But, as it is, since I completely avoid nutrasweet, and as much as possible avoid corn syrup, there won't be anything in a bartender's gun that I can drink.   

I'd understand the suggestion to be unofficially transferring the package, not cheating.  

3 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

The price of a soda package is minor enough that if I wanted soda, I'd have one for myself.   If the ship had freestyle machines, we'd all have one.   But, as it is, since I completely avoid nutrasweet, and as much as possible avoid corn syrup, there won't be anything in a bartender's gun that I can drink.   

I'd understand the suggestion to be unofficially transferring the package, not cheating.  

Sort of like borrowing something without asking, not stealing.