Mini Suites on Deck 8 in back on Caribbean Princess

margord

Anyone have any idea why I cannot book one of the mini suites on deck 8 of the Caribbean Princess for a cruise in September 2024?  My TA has gotten a number of excuses from Princess.  They first told us they were being help for people with 3-4 passengers.  That did not make sense since I tried to book it showing I had 4 people and it did not allow that to happen.  We have gotten a bunch of excuses, but I think that may be just wha they are "excuses!"  I love those minis in the back as they are the only minis with  a roof over the top.  Since the cruise is 18 months away, I am pretty sure they are not taken already.  

This is a 26 day cruise mad up of a 14-day and a 12-day cruise.  I tried to book them as two separate cruises and it looks like those cabins are available, but it won't let you continue.  

Any thoughts?

Marilee

I would just hold off a bit and try to book later.  If it's a 2024 sailing you've got plenty of time.  They may just be having issues with the booking system.  (And we all know about the myriad of "issues" the website and their IT department have had over the past year or so...even longer!)

When itineraries are offered as individual bookings and a combined b2b booking Princess allocates certain cabins for each leg and legs of the cruise. The cabins that you refer to are being held for the individual 12 day and 14 day cruises. If you want one of these cabins for both legs you will have to book as two separate cruises AND try to have your bookings marked as no upgrade.

My past experience from booking many b2bs is that booking as separate cruises offers more flexibility and sometimes more OBC. Once on board your medallion will be valid for the entire 26 days, the account balances will carry over and you will have one final invoice on your disembarkation day.

• Like 1

Great answer and I have experienced this last month.  I am booked in a mini-suite on deck 8 of the Caribbean sailing this upcoming July.  The Caribbean Princess has two itinerary's on their route alternating each week.  About 120 days out I was watching on-line.. I had previously booked a balcony on Caribe (1/2 covered balcony) but REALLY wanted a mini on deck 8, nothing was available at that booking time about a year ago.   Then - Sure enough 120 out the entire mini-suite section was opened up on and available!  Now, with the new 'upgrade' bidding system, I knew that the ship didn't upgrade and move everyone out of that area.. and it was not yet final payment day (when other great rooms open up...).. they just magically appeared!  So yes, I grabbed one!   I too absolutely love those mini's with the covered deck.   My guess - the B2B blocking for those grabbing that itinerary was released.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, skynight said:

When itineraries are offered as individual bookings and a combined b2b booking Princess allocates certain cabins for each leg and legs of the cruise. The cabins that you refer to are being held for the individual 12 day and 14 day cruises. If you want one of these cabins for both legs you will have to book as two separate cruises AND try to have your bookings marked as no upgrade.

My past experience from booking many b2bs is that booking as separate cruises offers more flexibility and sometimes more OBC. Once on board your medallion will be valid for the entire 26 days, the account balances will carry over and you will have one final invoice on your disembarkation day.

Thanks for the idea, but also tried to book them separately and it will only let you get so far, then will not let you complete the booking.  I have a cabin booked on Dolphin deck (in case all else fails).

Marilee

On 3/19/2023 at 6:53 AM, margord said:

Anyone have any idea why I cannot book one of the mini suites on deck 8 of the Caribbean Princess for a cruise in September 2024?  My TA has gotten a number of excuses from Princess.  They first told us they were being help for people with 3-4 passengers.  That did not make sense since I tried to book it showing I had 4 people and it did not allow that to happen.  We have gotten a bunch of excuses, but I think that may be just wha they are "excuses!"  I love those minis in the back as they are the only minis with  a roof over the top.  Since the cruise is 18 months away, I am pretty sure they are not taken already.  

This is a 26 day cruise mad up of a 14-day and a 12-day cruise.  I tried to book them as two separate cruises and it looks like those cabins are available, but it won't let you continue.  

Any thoughts?

Marilee

I booked E731 on the Carib for May/June 2024. It's a b2b 14day followed by a 21day cruise. Had no problem booking both. I did book it on opening day of the offering. 

Just now, Yehootu said:

I booked E731 on the Carib for May/June 2024. It's a b2b 14day followed by a 21day cruise. Had no problem booking both. I did book it on opening day of the offering. 

Darn, can't figure out why we can't do it.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:04 AM, Yehootu said:

Did you notice that on the bottom of the booking page that it says this category of cabin cannot be booked in advance?

3 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

Did you notice that on the bottom of the booking page that it says this category of cabin cannot be booked in advance?

I didn't see it. We are actually right now in E730 for 28day South Pacific cruise I booked on opening day. I looked and you can still book this category on our B2B Carib Princess cruise in May 2024.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 5:31 PM, Yehootu said:

I didn't see it. We are actually right now in E730 for 28day South Pacific cruise I booked on opening day. I looked and you can still book this category on our B2B Carib Princess cruise in May 2024.

Unfortunately, i cannot book it and I love those mini's with the roofs.

Marilee