I have now booked two cruises but have no account number?

ighten

Im a bit confused by this as I have booked a cruise on Iona and a cruise on Aurora but both times it cames asking me (online bookings) for my account number (which I presume is my loyalty number).. But unless I'm misunderstanding it you dont get a number until 15 days cruising have been completed and then they do it atomatically.. It all seems a bit backwards.

I am now just a bit concerned I need the number though as the Iona cruise is 14 or 15 nights and the Aurora 24 nights.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have an account I can log into and see all my cruises like every other company before I sail. Or am I getting this completely wrong.. I have no mention of a (peninsula account I assume) number on the invoice (which the site seems to say I will have??) but I did fill out the join section weeks ago but nothing ever happened.

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken your account number should appear on your booking confirmation. 

It's alpha numerical and mine is two letters, five numbers and a final letter, eg

AB12345C

My wife's follows the same pattern so I'm guessing they're all similar.

Hope this helps.

I think you mean your peninsular number?

We sat down with the next cruise booking rep on Arvia and had ours added to our booking on the ship

They also backdated it to before we got on the cruise and they automatically applied 5 per cent discount to our cabin bill at the end of the cruise

Prior to that I had tried twice unsuccessfully to get a peninsular number by email

1 hour ago, ighten said:

Im a bit confused by this as I have booked a cruise on Iona and a cruise on Aurora but both times it cames asking me (online bookings) for my account number (which I presume is my loyalty number).. But unless I'm misunderstanding it you dont get a number until 15 days cruising have been completed and then they do it atomatically.. It all seems a bit backwards.

I am now just a bit concerned I need the number though as the Iona cruise is 14 or 15 nights and the Aurora 24 nights.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have an account I can log into and see all my cruises like every other company before I sail. Or am I getting this completely wrong.. I have no mention of a (peninsula account I assume) number on the invoice (which the site seems to say I will have??) but I did fill out the join section weeks ago but nothing ever happened.

Each of your bookings should have a reference number which is six digits made up of letters or letters and numbers, if you go to the P&O login you would then use the number to access your cruises, here is a link: https://my.pocruises.com/mycruise/login

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Each of your bookings should have a reference number which is six digits made up of letters or letters and numbers, if you go to the P&O login you would then use the number to access your cruises, here is a link: https://my.pocruises.com/mycruise/login

That’s your booking reference, the OP was referring to their account number which is in fact your P & O Loyalty number.

Ours is on our booking confirmation under the info about the cruise as below:- on the same lines on the opposite side of the page is the pricing info.

Title / Last Name:

First / Middle Name:

Age at Sailing:
My Account Number:

If you haven’t got your P & O booking confirmation and only your confirmation from your TA you need to ask your TA for it. If the account number isn’t on your booking confirmation then query with your TA or P&O if you booked direct, but as suggested it might be you haven’t yet qualified for the Peninsular Club as haven’t yet sailed for 15 days. You have to have actually sailed and not just booked to qualify, but certainly query it.

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

That is correct.  It is easy to access each cruise booking separately using the booking number, so no need of anything else at that stage.  The booking number gets you into all the things you need/want pre-cruise, such as excursion bookings as well as any access which may be available for restaurants and other things you can book direct pre-cruise.

As mentioned by amajaa, you will need a P&O booking confirmation, which gives your booking number for each cruise and will be sent via an agent if booked through one, (so will take a few days, perhaps more, after you book).

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, tring said:

That is correct.  It is easy to access each cruise booking separately using the booking number, so no need of anything else at that stage.  The booking number gets you into all the things you need/want pre-cruise, such as excursion bookings as well as any access which may be available for restaurants and other things you can book direct pre-cruise.

As mentioned by amajaa, you will need a P&O booking confirmation, which gives your booking number for each cruise and will be sent via an agent if booked through one, (so will take a few days, perhaps more, after you book).

Yes, go down to the bottom of the PO website where it says “ Manage my booking” and enter your booking number to access your cruise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for  confusion..Nothing to do with booking ref..I assume account number on the website means Pennisular number which I dont have - they have now goven it me over the phone but even when booking a third it still doesnt accept it (I assume its because I havent actually sailed yet on any P&O)

1 hour ago, ighten said:

Sorry for  confusion..Nothing to do with booking ref..I assume account number on the website means Pennisular number which I dont have - they have now goven it me over the phone but even when booking a third it still doesnt accept it (I assume its because I havent actually sailed yet on any P&O)

Yes, you only formally become a Peninsular member after you have completed your cruise, so before then you will be treated as someone who has not travelled with P&O if you make another new booking, no matter how many booked cruises you have in the pipeline.  Fair enough though as you may not travel on the cruise for some reason, you could cancel for instance.

It is the same regards going up in a Peninsular club level.  For instance the "perks" you get for a higher level are only available on the cruise after you have completed a cruise, so even completing part of your cruise to the level of the number of points you would need for the next level, the upgrade will not take place until you have completed the whole cruise, even if it is a long one.  I think there may possibly be recognition on completion of a sector of a world cruise, if you remain on the ship beyond that, but otherwise it would have to be a separate cruise, or one you have booked back to back.

Hope that helps

Edited by tring