Which Cruise did you choose to see mostly Spain with a few other stops?

crewsgirl

Help us choose a cruise! It's our anniversary and a milestone birthday for me in June 2023. We would love to see Spain, and beyond, possibly Greece. My husband has not done the Med, but we have been to Rome, Venice. Which cruise line and itinerary would you choose? Any help, thoughts or things to know greatly appreciated. We usually go HAL, but open to other cruise lines. 

• Like 1

HI,

Happy Anniversary and Birthday. 

I enjoy history and seeing all the different cultures and have done the Mediterranean a few times.  My favorite ports are Livorno for Florence, Civitavecchia for Rome, Naples, Athens and the Greek Islands and Istanbul. I have been on all the major cruise lines and have never had a bad cruise.   If you have any specific questions, ask away.

Good Luck, 

Chantal

• Like 1

Oceania has some wonderful cruises to Spain, including the less-cruised areas like Gijon, Santander, and Bilbao along the northern coast of Spain.  We're on one coming up that goes to a number of Portugal (Porto, Algarve, Lisbon) and Spain ports (Barcelona, Seville from Cadiz, Santander, Gijon, Santiago de Compostela), plus 2 stops in France (Bordeaux (on a river - fun! & Biarritz).  I think we'll have a lot of wine drinkers, and some modern day "pilgrims" (visits to a couple places in a famous Spanish walk called "The Way") and some artsy/architecture lovers.  I'm neither wine loving or very religious, but was very attracted to the itinerary.  Oceania is not the cheapest line around, but if you keep in mind that they typically make more port stops than the bigger ships, plus don't charge for specialty restaurants, internet, DIY laundry, etc., they aren't as expensive as you might think they are. And they have smaller ships, which means fewer people and no lines. And their itineraries are wonderful - everchanging, always adding ports, going unknown but charming places, etc.  I love just about everywhere I go, but Spain and Portugal, are high on my list for places I'd love to see more of.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
  • Like 1

Thank you I Want to Live.....I will take a look at Oceania. Wondering if the Celebrity Infinity ship would be decent, I understand it's old and needs a reno, but the itinerary looks amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Circling back to this thread, we are happily...no, actually Thrilled to be booked on Celebrity Edge concierge to Spain, France & Italy. Can't wait to hit these gorgeous ports and enjoy this ship. Happy Sailing!

If you truly want to “see” Spain, than

consider spending a few weeks in the

country with a rental car.  Just look at a

map and you will understand that much of the country is not on or close to a

sea port.

Hank