Give Extra Time to Port In Miami This Weekend

stobe1

If you are sailing out of Miami this weekend, make sure to give yourself extra time to get to the port due to road closures downtown for the Ultra Music Festival.

We received this notice from Carnival today. 

Screenshot_20230320_113405_Gmail.thumb.jpg.bf0b6ef8ae72bb0135e546a912506ef3.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

If you are sailing out of Miami this weekend, make sure to give yourself extra time to get to the port due to road closures downtown for the Ultra Music Festival.

We received this notice from Carnival today. 

Screenshot_20230320_113405_Gmail.thumb.jpg.bf0b6ef8ae72bb0135e546a912506ef3.jpg

You may want to also post this on the Florida Departures forum.  I'm sure some folks would find it helpful. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You may want to also post this on the Florida Departures forum.  I'm sure some folks would find it helpful. 

Thanks!

Thanks. I just took you up on your suggestion.

It seems time everytime we sail out of Miami there is some major festival going on. Last year we were in the middle of some major international art festival that had half of downtown closed.

It will probably be twice as hectic now. We knew it was going to be with spring break and all. We are they type to do late check in and boarding times to avoid the initial early rush. But we may have to suck it up and leave early this weekend. 

Edited by stobe1

Sailed out of Miami last weekend and it was a nightmare. This isn't the first time we have sailed from there, but definitely the worst. Traffic was horrible, at a standstill in many places. The parking garage across from the terminal was full, but there was absolutely no signage alerting people to this. We circled multiple times before we were directed by a man standing in the street to "lot 2" which also had no signage. This was a surface lot that was already jam packed and people were just making up spaces wherever they could fit.  There was nothing to indicate that in the last row there was a barrier and the only way to get out was to back up but there was a huge line of cars making this nearly impossible.  The lot was filled with very angry people.  I feel lucky we were able to find a spot, not sure where we would have gone once that lot was full. The only positive is that this lot was closer to where we disembarked, which was not the same terminal where we left from so we did not have to try to haul our bags into a shuttle and just walked back to the car.

I feel incredibly lucky to live close enough to drive to port, but I'm staying away from Miami for a long time.

• Like 1