Ultra Musical Festival Miami & Getting To The Cruise Terminal

magicalman

With Ultra Music Festival taking place in Bayside this weekend I'm suspecting traffic is going to be tougher than normal.

Has anyone got any experience they can share with us of getting to the cruise terminal with all the road closures etc... and how long it might take extra due to traffic? 

Biscayne Blvd will be a nightmare. If it were me, I would want to be north of McArthur Causeway, take that in vs Port Blvd. Brickell area and Bayside area will be horrible. But since that will primarily be the only decent way in EVERYONE will be going in that way turning it to a parking lot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Biscayne Blvd will be a nightmare. If it were me, I would want to be north of McArthur Causeway, take that in vs Port Blvd. Brickell area and Bayside area will be horrible. But since that will primarily be the only decent way in EVERYONE will be going in that way turning it to a parking lot. 

I'm coming from FLL so think that means I will stay north of Bayside area and will then head to McArthur and Port blvd via the tunnel. Would that be right?

9 minutes ago, magicalman said:

I'm coming from FLL so think that means I will stay north of Bayside area and will then head to McArthur and Port blvd via the tunnel. Would that be right?

Just by maps, I think that is the best plan. Someone that is in Miami should chime in with better knowledge. But since this may be the only viable route, you can imagine how it will be. I would see how many ships are embarking that day. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Just by maps, I think that is the best plan. Someone that is in Miami should chime in with better knowledge. But since this may be the only viable route, you can imagine how it will be. I would see how many ships are embarking that day. 

8 Ships departing that day... so I'm gonna guess it'll be super busy.

Yes, you bypass downtown completely by getting on I-395 eastbound towards Miami Beach and then exiting onto SR887 into the PortMiami Tunnel.

If you're coming via I-95, you have to exit onto I-395 to head east. If you're coming from the airport area via SR836 (The Dolphin Expressway) heading east, SR 836 becomes I-395 as you cross I-95.

• Like 1