Excursions on a Celebrity Cruise

msb61

Hi.  I'm hoping someone can help with this.  We are booked on a cruise on the Celebrity Constellation in December.  I'm trying to book excursions but I have questions.  I've called Celebrity 3 times, spoken to 3 people, and have received the same answer each time which is they do not have any more information about the excursions than what is on the website.  For some reason Celebrity removed all reviews of their excursions a few years ago.  Does anyone know where I can find information about excursions provided by Celebrity or reviews of their excursions?  Thanks.

You often can search for the same excursions online and find reviews through other travel sites.  You also can scroll down to the "Ports of Call" area on the "Categories" page here on CruiseCritic and see what you can find. Celebrity only contracts out with the local outfits just like everyone else. 

There's no guarantee whatsoever that your tour will be organized by the same outfit as you might be reading about, but it should give you some better idea about what may come.

To the OP. 

All the excursions disappeared because Celebrity suspended sailing for years due to covid.

Now Celebrity is organizing tours again.  Some old vendors went out of business.  All vendors need to obtain the required insurances.  Expensive and sometimes difficult.

Thus in many cases Celebrity has limited knowledge of the tours.   Know you want more information,  but often you will need to hunt for info.  Repeated calls to Celebrity will NOT help as the agents only know what is on the tour info sheet.

23 hours ago, msb61 said:

Hi.  I'm hoping someone can help with this.  We are booked on a cruise on the Celebrity Constellation in December.  I'm trying to book excursions but I have questions.  I've called Celebrity 3 times, spoken to 3 people, and have received the same answer each time which is they do not have any more information about the excursions than what is on the website.  For some reason Celebrity removed all reviews of their excursions a few years ago.  Does anyone know where I can find information about excursions provided by Celebrity or reviews of their excursions?  Thanks.

Try discussing on your roll call.  Also look at sites like Trip Advisor.  And excursions do not necessarily have to be from Celebrity.  If you find an excursion from a specific company at the ports you are visiting, there might be a lot of reviews that might be helpful.

On 3/21/2023 at 5:29 PM, msb61 said:

copy the title of excursion and do a search.  Carnival has reviews and it should pop up.  Carnival reviews have been helpful in selecting long excursions in Cozumel and Costa Maya.