LIVE ALASKA NCL BLISS 04-22-2023 to 04-29-2023 Review

graphicguy

4 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Remember to pack extra meds…you never know when you may want to do a B2B…IIRC. Oh yeah…a backup pet sitter too! 😊

And, I didn’t mean to “pack” the pet sitter…but that could be interesting…haha.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, purpleally said:

That would be horrible if you did happen to get a haven room

The way I found out was that someone had booked the Haven a year out and was sent a letter that they had to move.  They actually rebooked a different cruise.

5 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

The way I found out was that someone had booked the Haven a year out and was sent a letter that they had to move.  They actually rebooked a different cruise.

Wow, I hope they were well compensated 

• Haha 1

Given I've sailed out of Seattle previously, transport to the pier has been dicey, at best.  I've used NCL's transport, which is reliable, but SLOW!  Have tried some of the SEATAC to Pier shuttles.  One made me wait an hour and a half before departure.  The other didn't even show up to pick me up from the airport until I got tired of waiting and grabbed an UBER.  As an aside, I was already on the ship having my first cocktail when the driver showed up at the AIRPORT 3 hours after my scheduled pick up time.

So, at best, transport is dicey.  May have to go the UBER route, again.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Given I've sailed out of Seattle previously, transport to the pier has been dicey, at best.  I've used NCL's transport, which is reliable, but SLOW!  Have tried some of the SEATAC to Pier shuttles.  One made me wait an hour and a half before departure.  The other didn't even show up to pick me up from the airport until I got tired of waiting and grabbed an UBER.  As an aside, I was already on the ship having my first cocktail when the driver showed up at the AIRPORT 3 hours after my scheduled pick up time.

Agree with your choice of transport. Starting off your cruise with unnecessary stress is not as charming as it sounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Yeesh. We're spending the night at a local hotel the night before, and they offer a shuttle to the pier. Hopefully it goes well and we don't have to call an Uber.

1 hour ago, Jordan61 said:

Hopefully it goes well and we don't have to call an Uber.

Uber/Lyft have become my transports of choice.  They are super easy to pick up at SeaTac and I've never waited more than five minutes.  You pick up your bags, take an elevator.  Walk over to the parking garage and follow the signs.

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Last time out of Seattle we used the hotel shuttle.  We were crammed in like sardines and picked up other hotels.  Took a long time to get to the pier.  This time I decided I would just take a cab.  After changing hotels 3 times I decided on a hotel out by the airport.  Will it be hard to get a cab?  I figured since we are the only ship on the 22nd it would be easier.

• Like 1

I’ll be flying in a couple of days early for my sailing in October so I booked The Belltown inn which is within (Irish standards) walking distance of the pier. So it’s just getting from the airport to the hotel, method of transport to be decided closer to the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

Last time out of Seattle we used the hotel shuttle.  We were crammed in like sardines and picked up other hotels.  Took a long time to get to the pier.  This time I decided I would just take a cab.  After changing hotels 3 times I decided on a hotel out by the airport.  Will it be hard to get a cab?  I figured since we are the only ship on the 22nd it would be easier.

Taxi should be doable.  Thinking the front desk of the hotel should be able to help.

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

I’ll be flying in a couple of days early for my sailing in October so I booked The Belltown inn which is within (Irish standards) walking distance of the pier. So it’s just getting from the airport to the hotel, method of transport to be decided closer to the time.

I haven't tried this shuttle, but it was recommended to me.

https://seattleexpress.com/cruise-ship-transfers/

Kind of depends on where UBER parking area is in relation to the airport.  I've been in some airports where the UBER pick up area is literally a ½ mile from baggage claim.  Plus, if you're anywhere close to being a few minutes late in finding them, they are like Taxis.....the added "fees" start piling up, and they aren't nearly as cost effective as they once were.

• Like 1

So, got a BoA NCL MASTERCARD for no other reason than to take advantage of the $200 OBC for new card holders.  Charged the cruise fare to it, and am getting ready to pay for it before interest charges start.

Problem is, the $200 OBC hasn't shown up in my on board check in account.  Call to BoA, and after a 20 minute wait, was informed I needed to talk to NCL.  Talked to NCL, who says to talk to BoA.  Call BoA again and get new card sign up, who says I need to talk to customer service.  Another 20 minute hold time, only to hear I need to talk to NCL.

This is a cluster.  Think I'll pay it off and cancel it immediately.  

Moral of the story, don't apply for and try to use the NCL BoA card and expect them to adhere to the $200 of OBC they promise.  At the very least, I'll cause them to churn out some paperwork to cancel for my troubles.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

So, got a BoA NCL MASTERCARD for no other reason than to take advantage of the $200 OBC for new card holders.  Charged the cruise fare to it, and am getting ready to pay for it before interest charges start.

Problem is, the $200 OBC hasn't shown up in my on board check in account.  Call to BoA, and after a 20 minute wait, was informed I needed to talk to NCL.  Talked to NCL, who says to talk to BoA.  Call BoA again and get new card sign up, who says I need to talk to customer service.  Another 20 minute hold time, only to hear I need to talk to NCL.

This is a cluster.  Think I'll pay it off and cancel it immediately.  

Moral of the story, don't apply for and try to use the NCL BoA card and expect them to adhere to the $200 of OBC they promise.  At the very least, I'll cause them to churn out some paperwork to cancel for my troubles.

I"ve used my BOA Mastercard for many OBCs and even a cabin upgrade once.  That being said I just requested a transfer of $200 for my April 22nd cruise and it hasn't shown up yet, so maybe this is a new problem.  I'll give it a few days before I call.

31 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Kind of depends on where UBER parking area is in relation to the airport.  I've been in some airports where the UBER pick up area is literally a ½ mile from baggage claim.  Plus, if you're anywhere close to being a few minutes late in finding them, they are like Taxis.....the added "fees" start piling up, and they aren't nearly as cost effective as they once were.

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Uber/Lyft have become my transports of choice.  They are super easy to pick up at SeaTac and I've never waited more than five minutes.  You pick up your bags, take an elevator.  Walk over to the parking garage and follow the signs.

You don't even order the Uber/Lyft until you're at the pick up area.  I've done this several times at SeaTac and it's exceedingly simple.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You don't even order the Uber/Lyft until you're at the pick up area.  I've done this several times at SeaTac and it's exceedingly simple.

But is there WiFi out there? The roaming charges are horrific for data from Ireland. 

39 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Trying to remember where the UBER stand is at SEATAC.  Isn't that the stand that's hidden about ½ mile away?  Or, am I thinking VanCouver?

19 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

But is there WiFi out there? The roaming charges are horrific for data from Ireland. 

Good question.  If it's where I think it is, WiFi probably isn't available.  But, I don't use free public WiFi, ever.  Too many "snipers" out there.

Since you're coming from Ireland, I'd probably pre-arrange transport.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Trying to remember where the UBER stand is at SEATAC.  Isn't that the stand that's hidden about ½ mile away?  Or, am I thinking VanCouver?

There is no "stand."  You just go to the designated area in the parking garage and input your trip request in your app.  The driver will text you which numbered spot they're pulling into.  I can't imagine anything be quicker or more simple.

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You pick up your bags, take an elevator.  Walk over to the parking garage and follow the signs.