Aqua Sky Suite

capsplace

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

Please share your experiences of staying in an Aqua Sky Suite.  And, where on the Millennium are these cabins located?

Thank you.

they renamed the former Sky Suite 1 to Aqua Sky Suite effective 4/14/23.  They are on deck 6.

The former Sky Suite 2 were renamed Sky Suite 1.

We have stayed in 6125 and it has a slightly larger balcony as does 6126, 6131 and 6134 Im not sure about the balcony size of the other AS's.  The cabin itself is the same as the other Sky Suites.

Staying in a AS gets you some spa/fitness benefits.

• Like 1

So you get Persian Garden access, or equivalent on E ships, a butler, room service at no charge, Blu, if available, Luminae and Retreat amenities….correct?

5 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Yes! 

Thank you all!

We have stayed in and Aqua Sky Suite on the Beyond. In addition to the previously mentioned Persian Garden/ Thermal Suite access, Blu dining, and yoga mats in the room, we were offered some free fitness classes that others had to pay for. Be sure to ask early on about those if you are interested as they were already full when I found out. I believe there is also supposed to be priority for spa appointments. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lolawpb said:

We have stayed in and Aqua Sky Suite on the Beyond. In addition to the previously mentioned Persian Garden/ Thermal Suite access, Blu dining, and yoga mats in the room, we were offered some free fitness classes that others had to pay for. Be sure to ask early on about those if you are interested as they were already full when I found out. I believe there is also supposed to be priority for spa appointments. 

So in the Aqu Sky Suite you had dining in Blu and not Luminae?  I was under the impression that you were assigned to Luminae but guess that was wrong. 

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

So in the Aqu Sky Suite you had dining in Blu and not Luminae?  I was under the impression that you were assigned to Luminae but guess that was wrong. 

We are booked on the Summit in a Aqua Suite and are assigned Luminae as our dining room.

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

All suites dine in Luminae but the aqua sky suites can also walk into Blu and dine upon request. We had no problems at all getting a table but we tend to dine later. We went there two nights out of our seven night cruise.

1 hour ago, lolawpb said:

All suites dine in Luminae but the aqua sky suites can also walk into Blu and dine upon request. We had no problems at all getting a table but we tend to dine later. We went there two nights out of our seven night cruise.

Thank you -- Just wanted to clarify that it was 'by request' and not your assigned dining venue. 

The addition of the Aqua Suites is putting a burden on Blu, particularly on M class ships where it is small  and at peak times struggles to accommodate those booked on Aqua. There have been some reviews recently of Aqua guests having long waits at Blu  while Aqua Sky Suite guests were seated.  

For quite some time we've witnessed Suite guests dining in Blu, so this is nothing new.  Unfortunately, in part because of the Suite folks and that there are so MANY Aqua class cabins, Blu does get packed and the wait can be long.  On our last M class ship cruise in Aqua a few years ago, there were a couple of occasions that the wait was really long.  The Blu maitre d' offered us discounted seating in Tuscan and Sushi on 5 as an option.  We took him up on the offers.  Not sure that is happening these days.

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

You get Blu dining and Luminae in Aq SS. 

IMO the new Aqua Sky Suite designation is just another way for Celebrity to get more revenue from the entry level Sky Suites.  They just took a number of the old Sky Suites and redesignated them and added some spa, fitness and thermal suites amenities, plus the ability to walk into Blu without prior approval. The pricing for an Aqua SS approaches Celebrity suites in cost. Unless you really want or will use the added amenities above, I would 100% pay a little more for a Celebrity Suite. If you look at future bookings, you will see the standard SS sell out first before the AQSS really start booking.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

IMO the new Aqua Sky Suite designation is just another way for Celebrity to get more revenue from the entry level Sky Suites.  They just took a number of the old Sky Suites and redesignated them and added some spa, fitness and thermal suites amenities, plus the ability to walk into Blu without prior approval. The pricing for an Aqua SS approaches Celebrity suites in cost. Unless you really want or will use the added amenities above, I would 100% pay a little more for a Celebrity Suite. If you look at future bookings, you will see the standard SS sell out first before the AQSS really start booking.

I do not disagree with anything you said but the main appeal of the Aqua Sky Suite to me is the larger balcony size, especially on Millennium where the balconies are not very deep to begin with.  

I also like the option of being able to go to Blu without having to request approval.  

The Aqua Sky Suite shows dining in Blu “based on availability”.  On some ships Blu is already small for the number of Aqua cabins, M class and Reflection in particular.  So that means the MaitreD may have to choose between making Suite guests wait for a table or Aqua class guests.  I think I know who will be waiting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not disagree with anything you said but the main appeal of the Aqua Sky Suite to me is the larger balcony size, especially on Millennium where the balconies are not very deep to begin with.  

I also like the option of being able to go to Blu without having to request approval.  

On our January 2024 Australia cruise on the Edge the Aq Sky Suite is currently $8400pp and the Celebrity Suite is $8900pp so for about $400pp more you can have a much much bigger cabin and balcony in the Celebrity Suite. BTW the standard SS is currently $7250pp or $1150pp less than the Aq SS. Is an AQ SS going to have $2300 more in amenities per cabin than a standard SS? That is the question anyone booking a Aq SS needs to answer.

In January 2022 we booked our SS on this cruise for $5200pp so currently Celebrity wants $2000pp more than what we booked at,

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Aqua Sky Suite shows dining in Blu “based on availability”.  On some ships Blu is already small for the number of Aqua cabins, M class and Reflection in particular.  So that means the MaitreD may have to choose between making Suite guests wait for a table or Aqua class guests.  I think I know who will be waiting.

And the first time a passenger is denied entry to Blu who is in an Aq SS there will be demands for restitution or refunds.

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

And the first time a passenger is denied entry to Blu who is in an Aq SS there will be demands for restitution or refunds.

Which devalues the Aqua cabins, as most that book AQ do so for Blu.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Not sure why anybody would choose Blu over Luminae other than for variety on a longer cruise. 

I have seen nights where the Blu menu looked more inviting than the Luminae. We have never done it but have been tempted.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

On our January 2024 Australia cruise on the Edge the Aq Sky Suite is currently $8400pp and the Celebrity Suite is $8900pp so for about $400pp more you can have a much much bigger cabin and balcony in the Celebrity Suite. BTW the standard SS is currently $7250pp or $1150pp less than the Aq SS. Is an AQ SS going to have $2300 more in amenities per cabin than a standard SS? That is the question anyone booking a Aq SS needs to answer.

In January 2022 we booked our SS on this cruise for $5200pp so currently Celebrity wants $2000pp more than what we booked at,

Oh, I give you the prices for cruises these days are ridiculous.  But you are correct, to us the Aqua Sky Suite amenities is not worth the addition $1150 pp.  Then again the CS Amenities are not work an additional $1650 pp either.  

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The difference between previously S1 and S2, now AS and SS on millennium can be pretty significant. The balcony of 6131/2 is huge. The bathroom is larger in 6145/6 with separate tub and shower, and the balcony is slightly deeper. 

Picture from our 6132 balcony from previous sailing for attention. 
ACE48746-4829-4DBE-A40C-3AA15D730F68.thumb.jpeg.80aa22139c83ce63b90169b925a53638.jpeg

• Like 2