little confused about check-in & Muster??

j3000

we're old-school dinosaurs. Don't do "apps" very well...

Other than perhaps time-saving, is there/ are there advantages to doing your check-in on the app thingy vs doing it the old-fashioned way with passports & paper in hand?

also, re Musters. Do you now just have to "stop by" your Muster station some time after you board? as opposed to the old way of everyone gathering when the alarm sounds?🤷‍♂️

Using the app to check in is easy. You can do a lot of it online before you sail. It makes embarkation a breeze!

As for Muster, you watch two videos on your phone (in the app). Then all you need to do is go to your muster station and check in. They will know if you've watched or not. You are then free to go about the ship and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

you can save time by checking in online. Doesn’t have to be on the app.  You will have to take a picture aka head shots against a white background.

The muster drill is watch a video which can be done ahead of time or in your room when you board.  You do have to report afterwards to your Muster Station.  Make sure they actually get your names and cabin numbers.  A few of us got a nasty letter saying we hadnt reported.  Their glitch

5 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

we're old-school dinosaurs. Don't do "apps" very well...

Other than perhaps time-saving, is there/ are there advantages to doing your check-in on the app thingy vs doing it the old-fashioned way with passports & paper in hand?

also, re Musters. Do you now just have to "stop by" your Muster station some time after you board? as opposed to the old way of everyone gathering when the alarm sounds?🤷‍♂️

I believe you must watch the safety video on the app or in your stateroom after boarding . 
At that point you should stop by your assigned muster station to check in with the crew member monitoring that station. 
With regard to check in, you may do it online as opposed to the app your choice.

As far as checking in in person at the pier you will still be dealing with a Celebrity Rep who will be using an iPad for final check in , photo etc…..

I personally like having our luggage tags in advance so we check in online in advance , not to mention that is when they assign you a window of time to board.

hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

No need to take pictures. We never do. We check in on line, skipping the photos,  print our Express pass and take our passports. That's it. Picture will be taken at check in. Takes maybe 10 seconds. Muster is watch the video in your cabin upon boarding and then go to report at your muster station. So easy and fast. 

Edited by 39august
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

No need to take pictures. We never do. We check in on line, skipping the photos,  print our Express pass and take our passports. That's it. Picture will be taken at check in. Takes maybe 10 seconds. Muster is watch the video in your cabin upon boarding and then go to report at your muster station. So easy and fast. 

do they have a way of knowing if you ACTUALLY DID watch the video?

2 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

do they have a way of knowing if you ACTUALLY DID watch the video?

They really don't know if you paid attention, just that it was run on the tv or the app. The TV could be on and you are on the balcony, no way of knowing.

Edited by RTShaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

....soooo.....no more of everyone "mustering" all at same time....?

I sooooo enjoyed that!! 🤪😈🤪

And the best news is that the bars no longer shut down for the muster drill.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, I quite distinctly remember standing at the Bar in Michael's Club having just finished my drink and could not order another because the bar was closed until after the muster was completed. Michael's Club just happened to be my muster station.  

However, as soon as the muster was completed by new drink was placed immediately in front of me. 

Of course I was not as disappointed as the non-suite guest who also had Michael's Club as his muster station and saw the coolers full of beer's, one of which was his favorite and he had been told at another bar they did not have.