Bar Harbor

Robyns23

58 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

Ok so Ollie’s and the Acadia bus tour both don’t start yet when I go (May 5) so I guess I have to go through the ship which I didn’t want to do (reviews aren’t great)

I checked Oli’s website and they do have tours in May. Their tours don’t start including Cadillac Mountain until May 11 because the road up is closed until May 11 for construction. So the ship tours won’t be going up to Cadillac until then either.  

Edited by Charles4515

Yes, Bar Harbor is a tender port.

Once you tender over you will see lots of people standing around. They are assembling for the beginning of whatever Tour they booked.

If you did not book a tour and you can just keep on walking, cross the street and head UP the street and visit the MANY shops.

We are taking the RCCL Tour to Arcadia this time as we have never been. It has always been Sold Out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 12:41 PM, 1025cruise said:

I agree. I can't see fighting the traffic to/from the airport for a rental car in Bar Harbor.

I've done Oli's three times now (twice on a land vacation, and once as a port stop). It's one of the best ways to see Acadia.

I just booked! Which side of the trolley is better to sit on? Thanks

Edited by mawvkysc
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 6:13 PM, DaniDanielle said:

We did Ollie’s also, excellent

On 3/22/2023 at 6:19 PM, nelblu said:

Ditto.  If you can, book online as their early tours usually sell out.

Hi. Sorry I meant to quote this in the above post. Which side of the trolley would be better to sit on?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 11:06 AM, mawvkysc said:

I just booked! Which side of the trolley is better to sit on? Thanks

I’m back from the tour. Definitely sit on the left side if possible. That side has better views for coastal scenes. 

Don’t expect to take many pictures while the trolley is moving. The windows aren’t great for taking pictures  

The guide Jim on our tour was a wealth of knowledge.

Cadillac Mountain was open. It may have sporadic closures while road work continues. 

We almost missed the tour. (Not booked through the ship) Customs came on 20+ minutes late and took forever.  We were group 8 of 9 to be called for customs. The tender line was soo long.  We told a crew member and they moved us to the front of the tender line.  If you can see you absolutely won’t make it call Oli’s. They will try and sell your ticket to walk up customers. If they can you can get a refund. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 6:13 PM, sgregel said:

I just booked Acadia National Park Tours 3.5 hours.  Will be in Bar Harbor 10/20, Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas.

Sandy

We will be in Bar Harbor 9/20 and had been eying this trip but did not book, just looked now and neither the 2.5 or 3.5 hour trips are available. Bummer, now what. I have been to Bar Harbor and Acadia a number of times not on a cruise ship but BF has not so I wanted him to see everything we could. Oli's has a 2.5 and 4 hour available has anyone done that? The 4 hour tour begins at 10 we are scheduled to be there 8 to 5 and we do have priority disembarkation so I am thinking we should be good for that time, right?

21 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

Oli's has a 2.5 and 4 hour available has anyone done that? The 4 hour tour begins at 10 we are scheduled to be there 8 to 5 and we do have priority disembarkation so I am thinking we should be good for that time, right?

Bar Harbor is a tender port but you can easily make the 10:00 time if you want to do the 4 hour tour. Oli's picks up near the tender dock. I took an early tender and had time to walk around the town. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1