Celebrity Beyond Transatlantic Starlink Internet

mrpauly

I am looking at the upcoming April 2023 booking and want to know if the Starlink internet is fast and reliable enough to get on internet maybe a few Teams meetings, email, work a bit since its full 6 days at Sea.  Has anyone done transatlantic and used internet?  

8 hours ago, mrpauly said:

I am looking at the upcoming April 2023 booking and want to know if the Starlink internet is fast and reliable enough to get on internet maybe a few Teams meetings, email, work a bit since its full 6 days at Sea.  Has anyone done transatlantic and used internet?  

If you get the premium WiFi it is definitely fast and reliable (most times).  Many others have complained about the standard WiFi even with Starlink.  It seems they limit it on bandwidth and download/upload speed.  The premium will have far less users in general.

• Thanks 1

It can vary depending upon where you are.  We did a fall TA on the Beyond and the first few days the internet was excellent.  After leaving Ponta Delgado the internet reliability declined.   The final sea day before arriving at Cape Liberty the internet was down most of the day.  Long lines at the I lounge, they had no internet either.  The weather for the crossing wasn’t great storms, rain, fog.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

It can vary depending upon where you are.  We did a fall TA on the Beyond and the first few days the internet was excellent.  After leaving Ponta Delgado the internet reliability declined.   The final sea day before arriving at Cape Liberty the internet was down most of the day.  Long lines at the I lounge, they had no internet either.  The weather for the crossing wasn’t great storms, rain, fog.  

Did the Beyond have Starlink then?

19 hours ago, mrpauly said:

We were in the Caribbean  on the Beyond recently and it was a struggle with video conferencing on the Premium Package.  There was no problem with  emails as long as there were no attached photos.  With photos, it was dependent on our location.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I had Starlink premium on Equinox in January in the Caribbean.  It was the most reliable and fastest WiFi that I have ever experienced on a ship.  No problem with streaming at all.

I had Starlink basic on the Summit in January/February in the Western Caribbean.  It was mostly reliable, but throttled so hard I was tempted to call the authorities to report an attempted homicide.  This is one of similar speed test screen shots I took from that journey:

original_9509694e-d887-43eb-9544-84784be4052a_Screenshot_20230301-062505.png.aac4a488bda2e73215331696e52077bf.png

I tried again with the single speed available with Starlink on the Navigator OTS in the Mexican Riviera.  That was better, though not great.  Streaming worked, most of the time.  Here's a screen shot of one of those speed tests:

Screenshot_20230306-044811.png.cf3b240659c1cf454231d41020b9750e.png