Discovery Cabins with Larger Balcony - C 409/410 / 414/415???

mikjr

Planning our FIRST cruise on the Discovery and from what I can see, the BALCONIES are small.   But, I've noticed a few that have extended or ANGLED balconies in the Mini Suite area. 

Caribe Cabins 414, 415, 409, 410...  other decks have similar.    Are these mini suite balconies actually larger???  

Thanks

Edited by mikjr

39 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I looked at the deck plans and I cannot find an indoor pool or the enclosed comfy chair area in the front of the ship with the large windows or the Wheelhouse bar with the comfy chairs and clubby feeling.  Am I missing something?

Because they aren't on the Discovery 

On Discovery Princess Dolphin Deck (Deck 9) has Mini Suites both forward and aft with much larger balconies. There are also 2 Balcony cabins in the forward portion (one on each side where the Mini Suites end) with larger balconies and a number of Balcony cabins with larger balconies aft just before the Mini Suites start. Balcony cabins shown below. The Mini Suites with larger balconies are right next to them.

image.png.1086c8eea668f7627040286c42557d7f.png

image.png.8a1b161a11e36aaff689724a7ab27de6.png

Edited by Thrak

We recently sailed a B2B2B2B2B on Discovery Princess. Four of the five cabins were so-called obstructed deluxe balconies with large balconies -E405,E407,E409, and E412 just above Gigis and Bistro Sur La Mer. We always try to book them.

Otherwise, we try to book the covered premium deluxe balconies on Dolphin Deck fore and aft for their large balconies. There are three obstructed deluxe balconies forward port side with large balconies, the obstruction being a metal railing vice see through.

Edited by billco
  • Like 2

On 3/24/2023 at 12:13 AM, mikjr said:

Caribe Cabins 414, 415, 409, 410...  other decks have similar.    Are these mini suite balconies actually larger???

Yes, they're larger, due to the ship's exterior design / Sky Walk. If one's available, grab it.

2023-03-29 09_09_40-Discovery Princess deck 10 plan _ CruiseMapper.jpg

2023-03-29 09_09_22-Discovery Princess deck 10 plan _ CruiseMapper.jpg