Booking our own flight after NCL assigned us terrible ones

allyfrizzle

2 minutes ago, gracebest said:

You may be able to change flights for a fee, depending on the airline.  We changed our southwest flights, no change fee, just had to pay difference of new flight costs.  I think you can also change with Delta and American. 

I called and spoke to two different Delta agents. They said they're unable to change the flights, even for a fee. Something to do with the contract they have with NCL, which basically locks them in at their discounted rate. I gave up.

7 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

I called and spoke to two different Delta agents. They said they're unable to change the flights, even for a fee. Something to do with the contract they have with NCL, which basically locks them in at their discounted rate. I gave up.

Interesting, because someone here on the boards said they don’t offer it, but you can ask them to take over the reservation from a travel agent or cruise for a $50 fee.  That person said they have had good luck with that. When we changed our SW flights they told us that NCL would no longer have control of our booking.  I’m just fine with that!  

Just now, gracebest said:

Interesting, because someone here on the boards said they don’t offer it, but you can ask them to take over the reservation from a travel agent or cruise for a $50 fee.  That person said they have had good luck with that. When we changed our SW flights they told us that NCL would no longer have control of our booking.  I’m just fine with that!  

I asked about this but they said this specific type of flight that NCL booked was unable to be taken over. I mentioned pretty much everything on this board, and the gals I spoke to wanted to help, but basically it came down to: this ticket is "locked".

17 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

I asked about this but they said this specific type of flight that NCL booked was unable to be taken over. I mentioned pretty much everything on this board, and the gals I spoke to wanted to help, but basically it came down to: this ticket is "locked".

I know that is the gamble when we let NCL book for us.  My husband is picking up our granddaughter in a different state and the flights he got were probably the same ones he would have booked himself.  There weren’t many options and he does have a 6pm departure post cruise.  Mine (and my grandson’s  was just a little later but was not direct.  I was able to change to a direct flight and will now get home around 8pm instead of midnight.  We are renting a car for the day and doing some sightseeing.

51 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

Just a thought, putting together everything I've been reading.  NCL says to contact them with issues up to 72 hours. After that, deal with the airline.  I wonder if  tickets get unlocked at that point and changes might be possible then?

On 3/25/2023 at 11:05 AM, ontheweb said:

How hard did you laugh when you were cautioned about NCL no longer controlling the booking? 🤣

I recently was “warned” about this a few weeks ago. To me, it was a huge win to be in control of the flights! I improved both SW flights that NCL booked and it only cost me and extra $120 for both tickets! Win, win…Home hours earlier, direct flights both ways, and in control of the flights. $120 plus $230 what I paid NCL, in the end I still saved over $400 if I had booked them myself!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

I recently was “warned” about this a few weeks ago. To me, it was a huge win to be in control of the flights! I improved both SW flights that NCL booked and it only cost me and extra $120 for both tickets! Win, win…Home hours earlier, direct flights both ways, and in control of the flights. $120 plus $230 what I paid NCL, in the end I still saved over $400 if I had booked them myself!

Good for you!

• Like 1