Late Flight out of Seattle, suggestions on what to do/luggage

emn

We're on the NCL Bliss returning to Seattle on 5/13 but my flight isn't until after 9pm and my friends flight is at 11:30pm. Just wondering what we can do with luggage until we need to head to the airport. We'll be exploring Seattle a bit before our cruise but any suggestions for what to do our last day would be great too.

Ā 

Thanks in advance!

Ā 

Ā 

I'm going to walk back to my hotel (the Marriott Waterfront), give one of the bellmen some cash and ask if they will keep my bag for a few hours.Ā  Has always worked for me, wherever I travel.Ā Ā 

My flight out of Seattle is at 5:30pm, so I'm going to try to get over to the Chihuly Glass Exhibit for awhile before I go out to the airport and settle into the AMEX Centurion Lounge...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Use Port Valet. Once you set your luggage outside your cabin door the night before disembarkation, it will be at your destination airport when you arrive.Ā  If you have carryon luggage you want to store for the day, there is luggage storage near Pike Place Market at the Purple Store.Ā  The Edgewater Hotel has luggage storage as well next door to the cruise terminal.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm going to walk back to my hotel (the Marriott Waterfront), give one of the bellmen some cash and ask if they will keep my bag for a few hours.Ā  Has always worked for me, wherever I travel.Ā Ā 

My flight out of Seattle is at 5:30pm, so I'm going to try to get over to the Chihuly Glass Exhibit for awhile before I go out to the airport and settle into the AMEX Centurion Lounge...

Thanks Slidergirl! I may try that! Oh, i need to find the Centurion Lounge too!

52 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Use Port Valet. Once you set your luggage outside your cabin door the night before disembarkation, it will be at your destination airport when you arrive.Ā  If you have carryon luggage you want to store for the day, there is luggage storage near Pike Place Market at the Purple Store.Ā  The Edgewater Hotel has luggage storage as well next door to the cruise terminal.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks Glaciers, that's another good option. I've seen a few posts where people said that they lost their luggage using the port valet service so I've been a leary. Also, some say you are charged even though it says its a free service.

11 hours ago, emn said:

Thanks Glaciers, that's another good option. I've seen a few posts where people said that they lost their luggage using the port valet service so I've been a leary. Also, some say you are charged even though it says its a free service.

Itā€™s a free service and worked perfectly for us last June.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Ā 

Ā 

I agree with using Port Valet...we did last year and what a stress free procedure.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

Southwest Airlines was a problem for us. I think it had to do with the fact that you can't check it until 4 hours till flight time. At the last minute, while on the ship in 2022, the ship said we couldn't do it.Ā Ā  Ā 

We were told to be sure and check to ensure your airlines participated. We flew Alaska Airlines.Ā 

On 3/24/2023 at 9:09 PM, emn said:

Maybe the charge was the airline baggage check fee needing to be paid?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyecantwait said:

Maybe the charge was the airline baggage check fee needing to be paid?

I think this is the answer. I flew Alaska Airlines last year and they normally charge $30 a bag. I had no issues with my bag and I received it at my home airport. Later, I saw a final $30 fee on my final onboard expense bill for my ship (on Royal Caribbean) for $30, and I assume that's what it was. Basically the airline charged the ship, which in turn charged me. My mom flew Southwest where there are no baggage fees and she didn't have that charge. Not sure what would happen if you were flying first class or had some kind of elite status where you get free bags.

Ā 

22 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

Southwest Airlines was a problem for us. I think it had to do with the fact that you can't check it until 4 hours till flight time. At the last minute, while on the ship in 2022, the ship said we couldn't do it.Ā Ā  Ā 

My mom who flew Southwest didn't have an issue. She paid extra for early check-in, so it automatically checked her in and got her a boarding number 24 hours before the flight. I think her flight was around 12:30pm the day we departed the ship. Maybe if the flight was later in the evening she wouldn't have been able to do it? Either way the ship didn't tell us there was any problems and she filled out the forms and put her bag out the same as I did for my Alaska Airlines flight.Ā 

On 3/24/2023 at 6:07 PM, emn said:

Thanks Slidergirl! I may try that! Oh, i need to find the Centurion Lounge too!

The new Centurion is gorgeous at SEA! It's in the food court between C and B gates. If you're facing the window, it will be on the left hand side next to Evergreens salad place. It's on the 2nd floor. Note that all lounges will only let you in 3 hours prior to your departure now.Ā 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, psuboater said:

The new Centurion is gorgeous at SEA! It's in the food court between C and B gates. If you're facing the window, it will be on the left hand side next to Evergreens salad place. It's on the 2nd floor. Note that all lounges will only let you in 3 hours prior to your departure now.Ā 

Hmmm. Ā Are you talking about just Centurion? Ā I've gone onto Delta Sky Lounges 4 hours before, especially when I have a loooong connection time. Ā 

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Hmmm. Ā Are you talking about just Centurion? Ā I've gone onto Delta Sky Lounges 4 hours before, especially when I have a loooong connection time. Ā 

Connections are exempt from the 3 hour rule, but for your first airport, it's 3 hours prior to depature for both Centurion and Sky Clubs - that change happened last summer.Ā 

Edited by psuboater

3 hours ago, psuboater said:

Connections are exempt from the 3 hour rule, but for your first airport, it's 3 hours prior to depature for both Centurion and Sky Clubs - that change happened last summer.Ā 

Must have happened after the end of August.Ā  Had no problems with Sky Clubs/AF lounge in CDG or DCA or SLC, all with no connections.Ā  In the past I've had 3-6 hour waits in Sky Clubs for my connections at JFK and ATL.Ā  I guess I never noticed the new notice last year.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:15 PM, Glaciers said:

Ā 

Ā 

thank you for this. ... had no idea it was an option. Our flight doesn't leave Seattle till 11:30 that night and thought we had to take them to the airport prior to touring the city.Ā Ā 

To use the port valet,Ā  I need to sign up early.Ā  Ā  After sign up for the port valet andĀ  if for any later on reasons and I changed my mind and not to use that service,Ā  can I cancel it ?Ā  Ā  If yes,Ā  how do I cancel it?Ā  Ā Thanks

2 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

To use the port valet,Ā  I need to sign up early.Ā  Ā  After sign up for the port valet andĀ  if for any later on reasons and I changed my mind and not to use that service,Ā  can I cancel it ?Ā  Ā  If yes,Ā  how do I cancel it?Ā  Ā Thanks

Ā 

Just don't use the Port Valet tags that will be sent to your room.Ā 

You can talk to Guest Services and make other arrangements, such as you want to carry off your own bags early; or that you want your bags sent to the luggage hall so you can pick them up yourself.Ā  Each tag will have a specific ship walk-off time that corresponds to when your luggage will be ready to be picked up.Ā  Port Valet passengers will have their luggage sent directly to SeaTac, so that luggage is directly put on trucks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well we sail from April 30-May 7th and just found out that Port Valet doesn't start until later in the season, so we wouldn't be able to use it for our cruise. I see the suggestion about the Marriott Waterfront, but any other suggestions? We're in a similar situation to the original poster where we don't have flights until 7:30pm and planned on spending the day exploring Seattle before heading the airport. Not having Port Valet is really throwing us through an unexpected loop.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 1:20 PM, cfgrandma said:

We are a group of 9 people traveling together and our flight leaves at 7:50 pm. We have arranged a private 7 hr tour for the day. Our luggage will be on the mini bus with us.

Ā 

Ā 

would you be able to share the name of the tour company that you used? We are a family of 8 with an 11pm flight home šŸ˜ž