Crown & Anchor questions

We are making our way up the ranks very slowly. After reading a few posts, I have a few questions about the best way to book to gain points toward our next level. 
First, did I read correctly that spouses have the C&A level of the highest level partner?  So if I am emerald, but my husband is gold for example, he would have emerald status?  I do understand that once we get much higher he has to earn the top tiers himself.

Second, we have a family of 5 and lately have been getting 3 rooms with 2, 2 and 1. Does the person in the single room get double points?

Lastly, if there are double points for the single room, would this make the most sense for our summer cruises?  I am traveling with my son for a 7 night trip then for the second week, the rest of the family will join us. Would it make the most sense to have myself in the single room to gain points faster since I will have the 7 extra from the first week? Or does it not really matter?

Thanks!

Yes your husband and kids living with you under age 18 will get your higher status. 

I think they share it up until pinnacle, 700 pts. Beyond me lol. 

If you book solo in a cabin that holds 2 you get 2 pts per day, 1 extra. .. 1 extra also for a JS or h higher, 3 possible. 

So yes book the person with the highest status solo. 

• Like 1

Spouses share "relationship" points.  Whoever has the highest personal point count determines the level that the relationship has.  That also applies to dependent children until their 18th birthday.  You may need to call CAS to have the relationship put into effect.  ‭(800) 526-9723‬

Note that everyone still has their own unique points based solely on cruises they have sailed, but the higher points tally will be displayed and determine the level that everyone in the relationship shares.  

A solo cruiser does qualify for an extra point per night (unless they are booked in a studio cabin, then single points).  For this reason it can be beneficial to put the adult with the highest personal points count into the cabin by themselves so that everyone benefits from their new points count.  Once onboard you can move people around based on preferences.  

If you have the most points then booking you in the role as the solo cruiser works best. 

For example if you have 50 points and your spouse has 40 points you will both appear to have 50 points.  However since your spouse only has 40 points if they are in the cabin by themselves their points will go up from 40 to 54 for a seven night cruise (7 x 2).  Your points would go from 50 to 57 for a seven night cruise ( 7 x 1 ) if booked in a cabin with the kids.  The relationship points would then be 57. 

If you book yourself in the cabin by yourself then you would go from 50 to 64 for a seven night cruise (7 x 2).  Your spouse would go from 40 to 47 but that would occur in the background and not be visible.  The relationship points would be 64 so everyone would appear to have 64.   

The same works even better with a suite.  Book the highest points holder in a suite alone so they get 3 points per night. 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2