8 day elegant nights and menus?

mmtska

The last 2 years we've been on the Mardi Gras for 7 days and I know the elegant nights are 2 and 6(and I know it's been asked to death), but we're going on the VIsta for 8 days this time and I've been put in charge of planning things. Fine with me, but my search has given me NADA. We want to make a reservation for the Steakhouse and possibly JiJi, but that means I need to know elegant nights so we don't miss those in the MDR. I also know for a fact that there's a night in the MDR where I am so not into the menu, but the only menus I've found are from last year and I know lobster night has changed from 1st to 2nd, and they also have 2nd listed on day 5...

Any insight? I've got time, but I like to plan early and then not worry about it later. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmtska said:

The last 2 years we've been on the Mardi Gras for 7 days and I know the elegant nights are 2 and 6(and I know it's been asked to death), but we're going on the VIsta for 8 days this time and I've been put in charge of planning things. Fine with me, but my search has given me NADA. We want to make a reservation for the Steakhouse and possibly JiJi, but that means I need to know elegant nights so we don't miss those in the MDR. I also know for a fact that there's a night in the MDR where I am so not into the menu, but the only menus I've found are from last year and I know lobster night has changed from 1st to 2nd, and they also have 2nd listed on day 5...

Any insight? I've got time, but I like to plan early and then not worry about it later. Thanks!

If you are doing the 8 day that goes the sothern route I'd say days 2 and 6.

If it's the 8 day eastern route days 2 and 7.

15 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If you are doing the 8 day that goes the sothern route I'd say days 2 and 6.

If it's the 8 day eastern route days 2 and 7.

Awesome thank you! It’s the Eastern, so I’ll plan for that. Also possibly go the safe route and work with day 3, 4 or 5. 

11 minutes ago, mmtska said:

Awesome thank you! It’s the Eastern, so I’ll plan for that. Also possibly go the safe route and work with day 3, 4 or 5. 

You're welcome. I'd say the eastern one is definitely 2 and 7. The southern was a little iffy it was day 6 which is a sea day or day 7 which was Grand Turk with a sailaway time at 4pm.

I've been trying to figure out whether to reply to this.  We used to always do 8 day cruises and never ONCE was elegant night the last night.  That's when you're packing and wearing "normal/going home"clothes.  Maybe it's changed and if so, I apologize! 

13 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

I've been trying to figure out whether to reply to this.  We used to always do 8 day cruises and never ONCE was elegant night the last night.  That's when you're packing and wearing "normal/going home"clothes.  Maybe it's changed and if so, I apologize! 

maybe I missed it but where does it say its the last night?

17 hours ago, ChuckF said:

Try this site:  https://profcruise.com/carnival-menus-2023/

They have menus for a variety of cruise durations. 

I looked there, but it has elegant night w/ lobster on night 2 (and I know they switched it to the 2nd elegant night). And the 2nd elegant on night 5, which I thought was weird and kind of early. 

1 hour ago, ChuckF said:

Based on the menu at the link above, it shows elegant nights as Night 2 and Night 5. 

Which confused me because I didn't think that the second elegant night would be so soon. 

4 hours ago, mmtska said:

I looked there, but it has elegant night w/ lobster on night 2 (and I know they switched it to the 2nd elegant night). And the 2nd elegant on night 5, which I thought was weird and kind of early. 

Which confused me because I didn't think that the second elegant night would be so soon. 

could you let us know when exactly you are going to narrow down the itinerary please

21 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

When you replied I can only assume you were referencing my post since there is no quote. When I said that elegant night would be on day 7 that isn't the last night. There would still be one more night of the cruise which would as you said, be packing to go home.

If you weren't referencing my post my apologies.🙂

On 3/27/2023 at 7:38 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

could you let us know when exactly you are going to narrow down the itinerary please

March 9-17, 2024. Vista. Sea Day, Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and 2 Sea Days-Port Canaveral

1 hour ago, mmtska said:

March 9-17, 2024. Vista. Sea Day, Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and 2 Sea Days-Port Canaveral

99% it's day 2 and day 7 nothing is ever 100% .

day 1 embarkation @Port Canaveral

day 2 day @ sea - elegant night one

day 3 Amber Cove depart 6pm

day 4 San Juan depart 6:30pm

day 5 St. Maarten depart 6pm

day 6 St. Thomas depart 4pm

day 7 day @ sea - elegant night two- lobster

day 8 day @ sea

day 9 - debarkation @Port Canaveral

Edited by Illbcruzn4life
spelling
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

99% it's day 2 and day 7 nothing is ever 100% .

day 1 embarkation @Port Canaveral

day 2 day @ sea - elegant night one

day 3 Amber Cove depart 6pm

day 4 San Juan depart 6:30pm

day 5 St. Maarten depart 6pm

day 6 St. Thomas depart 4pm

day 7 day @ sea - elegant night two- lobster

day 8 day @ sea

day 9 - debarkation @Port Canaveral

Thank you! I know not everything is certain, but it seems probable 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 7:58 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

When you replied I can only assume you were referencing my post since there is no quote. When I said that elegant night would be on day 7 that isn't the last night. There would still be one more night of the cruise which would as you said, be packing to go home.

If you weren't referencing my post my apologies.🙂

You're correct.  Yes, that's what I was saying: elegant night would be on the next to last night.  I didn't want to quote your entire post and tried to highlight a sentence and quote but as usual, my lap top had a mind of it's own!  Sorry for the confusion!🤔

• Like 1