Harmony of the Seas-Central Park Balcony Evening Noise?

I'm going to book a cruise on the Harmony of the Seas in September and need some advice on my room selection. I'm considering either an ocean view room or Central Park balcony. Normally, I'd do a balcony in a heartbeat, however I had a Boardwalk balcony on the Oasis in January and the noise in the evening (from 8-11 pm) was terrible and I could not go to sleep.  I am an early riser and I like to go to bed around 9-10 pm at night. While the Aqua 80 show was awesome, I did not like listening to it every night!!

So I'm wondering if I'm going to have the same problem over Central Park and I should just get an ocean view room. Unfortunately, I wouldn't even be getting any significant cost savings.  It's only about $50 cheaper for the ocean view window vs. Central Park balcony.  Ocean view balcony is over $2k more so forget that option. I do not care about pool noise during the day, I'm really only worried about whatever noise I might hear from 9pm and on. 

I've tried to research the topic and the best I can tell is that there may be music outside the restaurants in the evening so can anyone tell me how late it goes and/or if it is loud OR if there are any night time pool parties I'd need to worry about.

Thanks so much!

We just got off Allure (hopefully similar comparison since it's Oasis class), and had CP-facing balconies. If the doors were closed and the handle locked, there was very little if any noise. I'm a light sleeper and had no issues.

If the handle was not fully locked and/or the door was ajar, there is definitely some background noise. For the most part it was nice music and not too much distracting noise.

At night in CP there is very little activity outside of the guitar player or keyboard, actually quite nice to sit out and listen to it. Nothing like the aqua theatre show, but during the day, if you’re a day napper, it’s tough with the noise from the pool deck 

Edited by CanadaRob

You probably hear more noise from an Oceanview balcony than a Central Park one.  The Boardwalk is different as there are many more attractions and activities vs CP.  The only noise (if the balcony door is ajar) that I hear in CP is the piano player in the evening, the music in the afternoon emanating from the pool deck and possibly taped birds chirping.

I swear by the CP balcony.  I have had cabin # 12595 on almost all of my Oasis class sail as I know where the bed is located.🤣

From what I remember, there is no comparison between Central Park and Boardwalk.  Boardwalk is a festive space while Central Park is very laid back.  Boardwalk - loud energy producing music vs. Central Park - low light, and low volume elevator music.  Again, from what I remember, the only thing going on outdoors in Central Park is the Trellis Bar and I've never experienced any live entertainment there.  But, I'm sure the piano guy/gal shows up every now and then.  Is the piano guy/gal still going on or is that a casualty of COVID/"sustainability", too?    

As others said, the only possible concern is for day-nappers. the thump thump thump from the music on the pool desk tends to echo down into the park area during the day.

But at night, it's very peaceful!