Earliest debarkation time in Amsterdam?

gerelmx

Transatlantic, Silhouette April 2024, the 2 pre-arrival ports are Ponta Delgada and Cork.

What will be the earliest we can disembark if the ship arrives Sunday May 5 at 6 a.m.?

I want to travel by train Amsterdam Centraal to Frankfurt at 9:07AM

Edited by gerelmx

I’d imagine they’ll start self-assist disembarkation before 7am.

Centraal station is a 5-10 minute cab or tram ride or an easy 15-20 minute walk from the ship (assuming Silhouette docks at the main passenger terminal) so you’ll easily make it as long as you’re off by 8.30.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

2 pre-arrival ports are Ponta Delgada and Cork.

With Cork as your last port before your disembarkation port,  you will have already cleared immigration into EU, so no delays on disembarking.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

With Cork as your last port before your disembarkation port,  you will have already cleared immigration into EU, so no delays on disembarking.

I’m sorry to say, but this is incorrect. Cork is in Ireland and while Ireland is indeed an EU member, they are not a Schengen member state. There is no such things as immigration into the EU, there is only immigration into the Schengen Zone.
If you travel from Ireland to the Netherlands, you will travel from a non-Schengen country to a Schengen member and you will need to go thru immigration. Once you’re in the Schengen Zone, you can travel across borders without immigration as long as you stay with the Schengen zone. 
Confusing the EU with the Schengen Area is a common mistake. Especially since some EU countries aren’t Schengen countries, but also some Schengen countries aren’t in the EU. See this site that explains the difference between EU and Schengen; https://visaguide.world/europe/eu-vs-schengen/

Edited by Dutch_Travelgirl
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

I’m sorry to say, but this is incorrect.

I knew that and understand the differences. I have no idea why I posted the erroneous information.  

I apologise for posting misleading and incorrect information.   

• Thanks 1