Celebrity Added More to My Balance Even Though I Paid the Balance When I Made the Reservation

marshacruises

Hello, I was searching the internet and came across your post, as the same thing just happened to me.  I paid off a November 2023 cruise in August, 2022.  A couple days ago I was looking at my reservation to check excursions and noticed a $365.00 balance.  I called Celebrity Customer Service, they spent some time going back and forth with supervisor, bottom line they said it should be fixed by 7/21/2023.  How does this happen?  Did they mention the reasoning to you? I am happy I found the mistake, but it could have wreaked havoc if I wa trying to straighten it out closer to departure.  

Same thing happens to me RIGHT after I changed our dining from anytime dining to early sitting. Funny enough, I made the change to 2 other staterooms for the same cruise and there were no issues. I called Celebrity and they confirmed that all discount codes and OBC was dropped from the booking.

From now on, I will never make or add changes to the booking online! 

The same thing happened to me last week. I found this thread and then called customer services (UK). They immediately acknowledged that it was system glitch and fixed the issue immediately. My online account now shows a zero balance. 

On 3/29/2023 at 2:55 PM, marshacruises said:

Reading several responses to my post, makes me think that the best way to be sure that you don't have any problems at embarkation is to check the Celebrity website every day, verify that they have your reservation correct, and call them if they don't.  It means that you are spending your time and energy to make sure that Celebrity does not spring any surprises on you.  I had not gotten any emails from Celebrity that I still had a balance due, I was just checking on making dining reservations when I saw the balance due on my account on the Celebrity website.  I keep hoping that Celebrity someday gets their computer programmers to understand how the company works and figure out how not to have so many "glitches".  They would start to save money on not having to hire so many people in the customer service department, and have a lot happier customers.  

I took this course of action and checked my balance every day after final payment to ensure it was showing a zero balance. We boarded with a zero balance. Part way through my cruise I went into my online account to check excursion purchase prices and happened to notice that it showed an amount owing of £1574!!  Guest services contacted head office and were told it was a mistake as all my discounts had dropped off and just to ignore it as they couldn’t zero it out. When we returned home our account was still showing the amount owing. I was concerned that if this remained it may affect our ability to book future cruises as it would look like we hadn’t paid all our bill. I emailed the executive office, first email was ignored, so emailed again. Got a call from them confirming it was a mistake but that it had now been removed and they issued a zero invoice. 
Not impressed. We are taking a break from Celebrity for a while to see if things improve as there are so many experiments going on at present - menu switching, extra charges, computer glitches, vaping experiments and infinite verandas etc. This worry about charging was the final straw for us, so we are taking a break and have booked another line for our next cruise. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

I took this course of action and checked my balance every day after final payment to ensure it was showing a zero balance. We boarded with a zero balance. Part way through my cruise I went into my online account to check excursion purchase prices and happened to notice that it showed an amount owing of £1574!!  Guest services contacted head office and were told it was a mistake as all my discounts had dropped off and just to ignore it as they couldn’t zero it out. When we returned home our account was still showing the amount owing. I was concerned that if this remained it may affect our ability to book future cruises as it would look like we hadn’t paid all our bill. I emailed the executive office, first email was ignored, so emailed again. Got a call from them confirming it was a mistake but that it had now been removed and they issued a zero invoice. 
Not impressed. We are taking a break from Celebrity for a while to see if things improve as there are so many experiments going on at present - menu switching, extra charges, computer glitches, vaping experiments and infinite verandas etc. This worry about charging was the final straw for us, so we are taking a break and have booked another line for our next cruise. 

Sorry this happened, and agree with comments about the recent changes etc. 

I mostly want to say I love your profile name! A reference to Fried Green Tomatoes?  

50 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

Sorry this happened, and agree with comments about the recent changes etc. 

I mostly want to say I love your profile name! A reference to Fried Green Tomatoes?  

Absolutely. My favourite film. 

• Like 1

These types of issues are why we use a celebrity vacation planner and always the same vacation planner.

We know a lot of folks prefer outside T/A's. Celebrity doesn't assign a specific vacation planner (VP), we just refuse to make a booking with anyone else. When we find a cruise online, we put it on hold then contact our "VP" to make the booking. 

When these issues pop-up we just send our planner an email with a brief description and the planner is all over it - she as access to managers and has been very diligent. She has resolved every issue we sent her way - so we don't spend anytime on hold, or talking with a variety of CSA's. We don't experience the frustration that goes with dealing with CSA's that can't resolve an issue.

This works for us - but Celebrity needs to train their CSA's better and not have customers waiting on to speak with someone that most often cannot resolve the issue.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Joker54 said:

These types of issues are why we use a celebrity vacation planner and always the same vacation planner.

We know a lot of folks prefer outside T/A's. Celebrity doesn't assign a specific vacation planner (VP), we just refuse to make a booking with anyone else. When we find a cruise online, we put it on hold then contact our "VP" to make the booking. 

When these issues pop-up we just send our planner an email with a brief description and the planner is all over it - she as access to managers and has been very diligent. She has resolved every issue we sent her way - so we don't spend anytime on hold, or talking with a variety of CSA's. We don't experience the frustration that goes with dealing with CSA's that can't resolve an issue.

This works for us - but Celebrity needs to train their CSA's better and not have customers waiting on to speak with someone that most often cannot resolve the issue.

Cheers

Our first VP was brilliant and really helped us through the covid cancellations and rebooking. On our last cruise she was not available and we had a new one. He was useless. We contacted him a few times and the reply was always the same - he couldn’t help with that please ring celebrity direct. So a VP isn’t always the way to go. 

Agreed. We have been very lucky. The VP we used for 6 years was promoted recently, but she was able to hand pick a replacement and set us up with a new VP which is as good as the she was.

We were just spoiled and very luck for those last 6 years:)

• 3 months later...

I’m going through this right now.  Paid in full, booked within final payment date.  Now they are saying I owe $2194–right after I changed our dining time.  Arrgh!!!  On hold with little confidence the guy “helping me” is going to get it fixed.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

After an hour on the phone, and much frustration, I finally reached someone who fixed my issue.  

If this same thing happens to you, the number that I called was 800-556-8209.  I believe it’s the “Consumer Outreach” department.

• Like 1