Done with Princess

BBurnsG550

1 hour ago, EDVM96 said:

So let's blame Canada!

simpsons-vancouver-2010-e1581363007126.p

Well they did set the speed limits to reduce the danger to whale populations that did  impact a number of cruises.  Not saying right or wrong only what was.

7 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Well they did set the speed limits to reduce the danger to whale populations that did  impact a number of cruises.  Not saying right or wrong only what was.

Hey, blame Canada was ment to be ironic.😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

Southern California did the same thing. Several whales were hit by ships.  

On 3/28/2023 at 6:11 PM, BBurnsG550 said:

Imagine our surprise when we talked to our Princess cruise coordinator and discussed applying our cruise credit to this itinerary.  "That cruise had to be booked AND sailed by the end of 2022 to get that credit."

Those terms were most definitely somewhere in the FCC offer. Either large or small print. It's not on the cruise line to remind you to use any FCC. It's up to you to use it or lose it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Those terms were most definitely somewhere in the FCC offer. Either large or small print. It's not on the cruise line to remind you to use any FCC. It's up to you to use it or lose it. 

It would've been kind, though.  RCCL sent us an email, called us, and then granted an extension for our FCC due to a cruise with COVID restrictions.  We didn't even know we had any (too many canceled cruises at once to keep track of.)  Was smart on their part as we booked a cruise with them right away -- sure we didn't pay full price once the FCC was added, but they filled an otherwise empty room and earned a lot of goodwill.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

I didn't have any FCC but even I knew they were expiring at the end of 2022.    Everything always has an expiration date, and I sure as heck would have kept track of it.....that's just me speaking

yup that is what I did during 2021-2022.  I made a spreadsheet and kept track.

Had to so the same with airlines.  Then again, one of my air credits got a date change and I caught just in time.  Went first class quickly to Fla Universal Studios for a quick 4 day trip.  oh well. better than losing the money.  

• Like 1

To the OP, all Princess phone calls are recorded for THEIR OWN PROTECTION.  If you have the exact time of the day and date that you called, and the name of the agent, you should send a respectful note to the President of Princess or anyone else in the Executive Office and ask them to have a listen to your call.  If a customer service representative has been snarly or rude to you, Princess does take it seriously.  We did have an unfortunate experience at one point with an agent downright lying to us and as that call we recorded by Princess, the call was listened to and Princess gave us some OBC for our bringing this level of rudeness to their attention.  They do have a lot of new staff and Princess mentioned it was a teaching moment.  Politeness on our part goes a long way to get some sugar out of them.

• Like 6

On 3/28/2023 at 5:25 PM, Lady Arwen said:

Did your FCC have a date of expiry attached to it?   I doubt if it said “when the pandemic was over” give us a call.  Your CVP should have helped you out with a reminder, but clearly it was overlooked.  I know it’s frustrating for you, but I doubt if any other cruise line was giving out FCCs without expiry dates.  Sorry that you’ve experienced some rude behaviour from a Princess rep.  That’s just inexcusable.  I hope that you enjoy your next cruise with whichever line you choose.  We, personally love Celebrity.

Royal Caribbean originally gave us an FCC with a book by April 2021 and sail by Dec. 2021.  We figured it was money down the drain because hubby could not be vaccinated for medical reasons and the requirement was there in 2021. 

Out of the blue we got an email from Royal in 2022 stating that our FCC no longer had an expiration nor a sail by date, but that it would say 2049 because that is only how far out the computer would go.  However, we were assured it had no expiration date. Thankfully, our TA had a record of it because I had long since deleted it and thrown out the hard copies.   Of course being over 70 we will be probably be dead and buried before 2049 so we used it in February 2023.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DebJ14 said:

Royal Caribbean originally gave us an FCC with a book by April 2021 and sail by Dec. 2021.  We figured it was money down the drain because hubby could not be vaccinated for medical reasons and the requirement was there in 2021. 

Out of the blue we got an email from Royal in 2022 stating that our FCC no longer had an expiration nor a sail by date, but that it would say 2049 because that is only how far out the computer would go.  However, we were assured it had no expiration date. Thankfully, our TA had a record of it because I had long since deleted it and thrown out the hard copies.   Of course being over 70 we will be probably be dead and buried before 2049 so we used it in February 2023.  

If it wasn't for your misspent youth Deb, you might have been able to redeem it in 2049 around age 100.  Happy sailings.

• Haha 1