Explorations Cafe Question (Signature vs Vista)

bvocruise

1 hour ago, bvocruise said:

Someone mentioned the Pinnacle Bar opens at 7:00 am and you can get coffee and water to take off the ship there. I will be checking that out for sure. 

Just so you know the water is in a pop top can.  Once you pop it open that’s it, you are committed.  If you are lucky there “might” be metal bottles. They are not included in the hia package.  Someone reported recently they were very pricy, over $6 for the small bottle.

11 hours ago, cabinluvn said:

Just got off the Oosterdam. Only place for specialty coffee was in the crow’s nest. Some mornings the lines were long. Staff was overworked. Watched them make my “skinny vanilla latte” and every single time they just grabbed whatever milk was handy. Don’t think I ever got skim milk in my latte. Probably not sugar free vanilla either. They were so busy I was not going to make them do it over. On the Noordam for Alaska in May and the cafe on deck 3 as wonderful. It would be nice to have 2 cafes for so many people

I think that happens a lot. I generally ask for skim milk but they rarely have it.  If a person is diabetic that is not cool on the syrup. 

Edited by Florida_gal_50

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

They used to sell beverages from a small table in the departure deck foyer, on the way out of the ship before you gone in the gangway exit line.

Do I also remember bar personnel wandering around the waiting excursions groups  the show room lounge, also selling cans of soda and water before departing the ship?

Last month on Noordam, we had water in glass bottles at the gangway (we were in New Zealand) and there was also a table down by the World Stage while waiting for your excursion.

7 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Last month on Noordam, we had water in glass bottles at the gangway (we were in New Zealand) and there was also a table down by the World Stage while waiting for your excursion.

I wonder if that had any takers on those water bottles.  I’m a water drinker but no way would I haul one of those.  They are too heavy.

• I bring an empty plastic water bottle in my carry-on and just refill it with the canned water when I go ashore. It's not always convenient to get water once ashore. No one has ever stopped me for binging onboard my plastic water bottle. 

11 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I think that happens a lot. I generally ask for skim milk but they rarely have it.  If a person is diabetic that is not cool on the syrup. 

I specifically say, each time, “skinny vanilla latte with skim milk and sugar free vanilla”. Sometimes they repeat it for me, sometimes not. Does. Not seem to matter. It was always made the same

• Like 1