Do lifeboats obstruct the view in Sky Suite cabins 6117, 6121 or 6099 on Millennium?

Sigyn

I'm considering moving from an SV to a sky suite on the Millennium for our July Alaskan cruise, but it seems that life boats might be an obstruction of the view in some of the Sky Suite cabins. Only deck 6 has availability. I'm having trouble finding information. Before I pay for this upgrade, can anyone help me out and let me know what to expect? The cabins that are open are 6117, 6121 and 6099. Thanks so much. 

6 minutes ago, njsmom said:

That's not bad. Did you like the cabin overall? What is included in a sky suite? 

Luminae is your dining room, access to the Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sun Deck, Butler.  If you are upgrading by paying the current fare then you get the Premium beverage package, Premium wi-fi, prepaid gratuities, some non-refundable OBC and more Captains Club points.  If you upgrade via the Move Up bidding process then you don’t get the beverage & wi-fi packages, nor do you get the OBC or extra points and you will be charged the difference in the daily gratuity.

The suutes are nice but for Alaska the SV would be my choice.  We did Alaska in a SV and the ship blocks much of the wind, the views are 180%++ and you  can see things on both sides of the ship. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Luminae is your dining room, access to the Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sun Deck, Butler.  If you are upgrading by paying the current fare then you get the Premium beverage package, Premium wi-fi, prepaid gratuities, some non-refundable OBC and more Captains Club points.  If you upgrade via the Move Up bidding process then you don’t get the beverage & wi-fi packages, nor do you get the OBC or extra points and you will be charged the difference in the daily gratuity.

The suutes are nice but for Alaska the SV would be my choice.  We did Alaska in a SV and the ship blocks much of the wind, the views are 180%++ and you  can see things on both sides of the ship. 

It is $5,000 more if I upgrade to the Sky Suite. $8,400 instead of the $3,400 we've paid for the SV. That includes all that you mention - Luminae, the Retreat Lounge, sun deck, butler, wi-fi, tips and drinks, etc. But still a chunk of money. Trying to decide if it's worth it over our Sunset Veranda and paying for our drinks as we go. My husband would benefit from the free drinks but I never have more than 1-2 a day. 

Edited by njsmom

Wow! $5k is a lot.  The Sky Suites on M class ships are smaller than on the S or E class.  I believe the SVs are 190 sq ft and the Sky Suites on M class 240 sq ft.  The balcony on those Sky Suites are small and narrow. The SV balcony is 3 -4 times larger with obviously better views. 

We have been fortunate to sail in suites on each class of Celebrity ship and for the full “Retreat experience” the E class is the best.  Do you have anything booked on a E class?  If so you might think about using the extra $5k to upgrade to a suite on a E class sailing.  

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

I'm considering moving from an SV to a sky suite on the Millennium for our July Alaskan cruise, but it seems that life boats might be an obstruction of the view in some of the Sky Suite cabins. Only deck 6 has availability. I'm having trouble finding information. Before I pay for this upgrade, can anyone help me out and let me know what to expect? The cabins that are open are 6117, 6121 and 6099. Thanks so much. 

I absolutely would keep my SV for an Alaska cruise!  The M-class aft cabins have a special place in my heart and are always my first choice.  Luminae is nice but not worth that much.  Since you already have one of the best cabins in the fleet for an Alaska cruise, buy a drink or two and enjoy the spectacular scenery from your amazing balcony.  

• Like 1

I would tend to agree with above.  That $5K would buy a lot of drinks, internet, and specialty dining every night.  You can't put a price on the aft view and sound of the wake.

I have a question about 6120 on the starboard side of the ship.  I just want to make sure I haven't booked a suite on board Summit with a really bad view of lifeboats or other obstructions.  Anyone have photos?  Also, this isn't the side that the smoking deck is on, is it?

2 hours ago, njsmom said:

It is $5,000 more if I upgrade to the Sky Suite. $8,400 instead of the $3,400 we've paid for the SV. That includes all that you mention - Luminae, the Retreat Lounge, sun deck, butler, wi-fi, tips and drinks, etc. But still a chunk of money. Trying to decide if it's worth it over our Sunset Veranda and paying for our drinks as we go. My husband would benefit from the free drinks but I never have more than 1-2 a day. 

To me - absolutely not.  That is more than what you paid for your cruise. SV cabins have the best views.  For $5000 you could book lots of specialty dining, drink yourself silly, pay for shore excursions and have lots of $$ still left.

24 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I would tend to agree with above.  That $5K would buy a lot of drinks, internet, and specialty dining every night.  You can't put a price on the aft view and sound of the wake.

I have a question about 6120 on the starboard side of the ship.  I just want to make sure I haven't booked a suite on board Summit with a really bad view of lifeboats or other obstructions.  Anyone have photos?  Also, this isn't the side that the smoking deck is on, is it?

Go to the cabin sticky at the top of the Celebrity Forum.  All M class ships have a 99% identical cabin layout.  No suites have bad view obstructions.  Smoking is limited to an area near the pool.  Not an issue and I am obsessed with avoiding cigarette smoke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Wow! $5k is a lot.  The Sky Suites on M class ships are smaller than on the S or E class.  I believe the SVs are 190 sq ft and the Sky Suites on M class 240 sq ft.  The balcony on those Sky Suites are small and narrow. The SV balcony is 3 -4 times larger with obviously better views. 

We have been fortunate to sail in suites on each class of Celebrity ship and for the full “Retreat experience” the E class is the best.  Do you have anything booked on a E class?  If so you might think about using the extra $5k to upgrade to a suite on a E class sailing.  

I don't have anything booked in E class. This will be our first Celebrity sailing and I wanted to see how we liked it before I booked anything else. And yes, $5K is a lot. I didn't get the "have it all" addition to our cruise fare since I'm not a big drinker and I could buy Wi-Fi separately (and did).

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

I absolutely would keep my SV for an Alaska cruise!  The M-class aft cabins have a special place in my heart and are always my first choice.  Luminae is nice but not worth that much.  Since you already have one of the best cabins in the fleet for an Alaska cruise, buy a drink or two and enjoy the spectacular scenery from your amazing balcony.  

Okay, thanks for the advice. I am taking what everyone here is saying to heart and keeping my SV cabin. 🙂

40 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sounds good to me - keeping my SV. And my $5K!

15 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

To me - absolutely not.  That is more than what you paid for your cruise. SV cabins have the best views.  For $5000 you could book lots of specialty dining, drink yourself silly, pay for shore excursions and have lots of $$ still left.

Gotcha! Makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, njsmom said:

I will be in 6099 on the Trans Pacific in September, from what I see, looking down, I will see the top of the life boat. It won't bother me.