Seattle embarkations questions

AK Dreaming

1.  I am planning to stay at the Embassy Suites and it is 1.5 miles to the port. Seems to short for a cab and to long to walk with all the luggage.  Will getting a cab for that short a ride be difficult?  

2.  I usually get to the port very early as I will be very excited.  I know the waiting areas are very different based on the ports (not Haven this time).  Are there places to get a snack and or shop while waiting for the stragglers to get off the prior cruise or is it just uncomfortable chair in a big room like NYC?

Thank you for any help.

Sorry, it is Pier 66, NCL.  When I read our hotel reviews they were very positive, but have since just read the Pioneer Square reviews and have moved hotels.  Now staying at he Marriott waterfront.  Can we just walk from there?  I will be with my mother, so I want to make sure it is an easy walk.

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@AK Dreaming, you will remain outside Pier 66 until the NCL ship reaches 'zero count' and then the terminal opens for embarking passengers.  The closest place to grab a coffee or snack will be back across the street at the Waterfront Marriott at the street level coffee shop.

Are you saying we wait outside of the termnal for zero count?  I've not been to Seattle in years, but every other port, you go through security, get your key card and wait in the terminal for zero count to board.  I'm plantinum so I go on board right after Haven.  I've just sat in NYC terminal for almost an hour and they had not place to shop, get a drink or be comfortable.  I was hoping Seattle was more like other terminals with more amentities.

12 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

Are you saying we wait outside of the termnal for zero count?

Yes.

If everything goes well (i.e., disembarking passengers don't dally), zero count should happen by 10 AM.  Then, assuming most of the embarkation team is in place, the terminal will open up for embarking passengers.  Sometimes the ship will as for a delay, or longshore (many take a break between disembark and embark), or there could be a wifi problem between the ship and the check-in system, which could delay opening the terminal doors.

There are no amenities inside Pier 66 other than restrooms and water fountains.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2023 at 8:26 AM, AK Dreaming said:

Sorry, it is Pier 66, NCL.  When I read our hotel reviews they were very positive, but have since just read the Pioneer Square reviews and have moved hotels.  Now staying at he Marriott waterfront.  Can we just walk from there?  I will be with my mother, so I want to make sure it is an easy walk.

To be honest, Pioneer Square can get rough at night, but the Seattle branch of the Klondike Gold Rush NHP, is located in Pioneer Square and is worth the visit because if your cruise visits Skagway, the rest of the Klondike Gold Rush park is basically the whole town.  Seattle has a branch of the park because the gold rush started in Seattle as it was a provisioning location for the rushers and of course, the port.  Visiting the beginning of the park in Seattle is a nice bookend for your cruise.

As I tell everyone that visits Seattle from away, pre or post cruise, your best bet for getting around Seattle is Uber or Lyft.  I wouldn't have been concerned about staying at the Embassy Suites (it is a very nice property) and going out at night, because I'd just hail a rideshare from the hotel lobby, hop in and let them take me to wherever I needed to go, and then back again to the front door by rideshare.  No issues.

However, your new hotel is much, much more convenient than the Embassy Suites.  It is an especially good choice for embarking at Pier 66.  I'd just camp out at the hotel until check out time and wait until about 11 before walking down to the pier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 2:17 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Yes.

If everything goes well (i.e., disembarking passengers don't dally), zero count should happen by 10 AM.  Then, assuming most of the embarkation team is in place, the terminal will open up for embarking passengers.  Sometimes the ship will as for a delay, or longshore (many take a break between disembark and embark), or there could be a wifi problem between the ship and the check-in system, which could delay opening the terminal doors.

There are no amenities inside Pier 66 other than restrooms and water fountains.

We are sailing from Pier 91.  Do they let you wait inside there or are we outside too until zero count?

1 hour ago, Solara said:

We are sailing from Pier 91.  Do they let you wait inside there or are we outside too until zero count?

Once Zero count is achieved, the terminal doors are closed (locked).  Doors usually reopen as early as 10-10:15 AM, or anytime up to 11 AM.  It all depends on how the debark went, and how ready the embark team is.   Passengers are kept outside until the terminal is ready to start embarkation.  There is no seating until you get thru check-in, which is located on the 2nd floor. 

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 1