Next Cruise Booking

moposh

If I book a via Next Cruise on the cruise ship and then I transfer booking to a travel agent, will I still get TA perks?  Or should I just put down the deposit with no specified cruise and book actual cruise with TA?  I've usually booked directly through RC Web site, but I want to try using TA to see if I get any perks.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, moposh said:

If I book a via Next Cruise on the cruise ship and then I transfer booking to a travel agent, will I still get TA perks?

Yes, but transferring to a TA is time-limited - either 30 or 60 days. We used to do this all the time when we first started cruising so we could get both the OBC from the cruise line and the perks from the TA. 

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes, but transferring to a TA is time-limited - either 30 or 60 days. We used to do this all the time when we first started cruising so we could get both the OBC from the cruise line and the perks from the TA. 

Correct.  It is within 30 days and it is easy to do.

59 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I already know which cruise I want.  So that's not the issue.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, moposh said:

I already know which cruise I want.  So that's not the issue.  Thanks.

Orville means you have 30 days to complete the transfer to a TA, not select a cruise. 

If your current cruise is through a TA, the NextCruise booking will be assigned to that same TA.

As you noted, you can also use "Book Later" to get a certificate and then book the cruise with your TA. I have done it both ways. 

12 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

IIRC, If you know your TA, you can do that while booking the cruise.  DW does this.

True. You can have the next cruise desk attach the cruise to your TA while you are making the booking so you get both the OBC from the cruise line and whatever perks the TA is offering as soon as they get the confirmation email from RCL.

If you normally book through a TA, their information is already attached to your account.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1