CDG Immigration

cruisinlawn

Flying in on Sunday, June 4, from Atlanta., arrival schedule for 1230p at CDG.  Could someone give a rundown on anticipated timeframe to collect luggage, go thru immigration and any other steps before heading to taxi lineup?  I'm thinking 35-45 minutes to get to our hotel but please do correct if I'm way off.

I understand the unknown variables..late arrival, jammed up at immigration, traffic, etc. Just trying to get an idea how long it might take so we can make afternoon/evening plans. TIA, Enjoy.  

The good news is that 12:30pm is after most of the non-Schengen flights arrive. Yes, there are of course still some, and yes, they tend to pull staff off as demand goes down, but I think it's still a benefit that you are arriving on the later side for a non-Schengen arrival. Based on my experience (caveat is I am by no means a frequent CDG flyer), you can expect about 45-60 minutes to get from plane to curbside with the assumptions that (a) you have a non-EU/non-EEC passport, and (b) you do not have any kind of priority status (frequent flyer status, business/first class, etc.) that could speed up baggage delivery. 

Since you didn't provide the location of your hotel, I can't tell if your 30-45 minutes is correct, but would recommend checking Google Maps directions between CDG and your hotel at the same time (roughly 1:30pm on the same day of week, local Paris time) for a couple of weeks in a row to get an idea of average time. 

Edited by Zach1213

If your hotel is in central Paris, you might find it better to take the Roissy Bus (to Paris Opera) or the RER train (to Gare du Nord, Chatelet-les-Halles, and Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame).  Then grab a taxi from that point to your hotel.

You can get either right at T2.  And the cost will probably be less than the 55-65 euros that a taxi would run to central Paris.

Info on both services are available at the CDG website.

• Like 2

At the present time, there is considerable disruption in rail service (RER) due to the political situation, I'd plan on an hour to get out of the airport, at least an hour to your hotel (varies wildly depending on location). Don't know how you handle jet lag, but I'd plan on dinner and then sleep.

10 minutes ago, Dancer Bob said:

At the present time, there is considerable disruption in rail service (RER) due to the political situation, I'd plan on an hour to get out of the airport, at least an hour to your hotel (varies wildly depending on location). Don't know how you handle jet lag, but I'd plan on dinner and then sleep.

I mean, France is gonna France and RER is gonna RER, and who knows if there will be another strike and/or riot when OP flies in, but I don't see the current issues still causing havoc in June. I would say it's something to think about, but not necessarily plan around. Just my personal thoughts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1