Where's the 'old' stuff??

I was pretty active several years ago, with my wife and I doing quite a few cruises.  Then... kids!  

We tried to take them on a couple of cruises when they were really young.  Then.... covid!  Two cruises canceled.

We recently took them on a couple of cruises to see if we could get back to cruising - and we can.  They loved it!!!

We decided to log back on here and take a look at our old cruise list (it was in our signature), and say hello to some old connections - but it shows nothing!  Like we've never posted.

I'm guessing there was a sweep at some point..... or???

Thanks!!!!

The forum changed platforms in October 2018.  A lot of things changed.  The mods should be able to help you find your archived posts…or a member more tech savvy than I am.  
Glad to see you may have solved your problem…EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Just now, Essiesmom said:

The forum changed platforms in October 2018.  A lot of things changed.  The mods should be able to help you find your archived posts…or a member more tech savvy than I am.  EM

Thanks so much!  I had searched the name - and nothing came up.  But right after I posted this, I decided to narrow down to "users".... and boom!  Found the issue.  

1 hour ago, Romee1 said:

Although it shows I've made 77 posts... none seem to exist.  However, my signature still does and I can see all of my cruises again.  So.... yay!!!!

@Romee1

A clip of your previous user name account:

image.png.121d19229cb3da0a54b6c5222ef3d760.png

When it opens click Find Content 

Here is a clip of the next screen:

image.png.12b951d9fb070d1d530bcd331ef3532b.png

Under All Activity, click Posts

Not all of your previous 77 posts will show up. It will be just the last few.

There have been a lot of changes around here since your last post in 2017. The Cruise Critic message board software switched from vBulletin to Invision Community in October 2018 and has been tweaked often since then. Also, we moved to new servers in May 2019. Changes mean a lot of the 'old' stuff you mention is archived and no longer available.

Now regarding you having two user name accounts, members are allowed only one account. Please contact CC Help Michell, Community Support Assistant, at help@cruisecritic.com. Let her know about both user name accounts and the email addresses you used on each account. She will then be able to merge your two accounts to the user name you want to keep. That way you will have not lost your previous post count.

Make sure you read the pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of this Help forum. You will find very important instructions or information there. Due to the changes I mentioned above, some things may have changed since you last used the message boards.

FYI: The Message feature is disabled for members. It is available for use by Administrators & Hosts ONLY. We can use it with each other and to members. If one of us contacts a member via the feature, the member cannot reply back.

Hope this will be helpful!

Host Kat