Fly Out after Cruise

Lduane1815

It's 45 minutes or an hour to get to the airport.  If you walk off your luggage and can be one of the first off the ship I would say the absolute earliest flight I would be comfortable with is 10 AM, but that might be tight.  It depends on how quickly CBP processes the people in front of you, how quickly the shuttle to the airport departs, or how quickly the car rental agency processes your rental and boots you out the door.

58 minutes ago, Lduane1815 said:

Taking a NCL cruise out of Port Canavral on Jan 6-13, 2024

What is the earliest I should book my flight out or Orlando to Boston?

You could make a 11:00 flight, but noon is better because of the drive from the port to the airport (MCO)

Depending on your post cruise transportation (NCL transfer), car rental or private car, I would not book before 1 P.M.  Everything depends on how quickly you can disembark, how many ships are also disembarking, traffic, backed up ticket counter and TSA issues.  Too many things can go wrong in trying to make a early flight.  Given this is mid January, there could also be a delay in flights coming in from other areas delaying airport flight operations and your flight.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment
  • Like 2

Last week we had 8:30 am luggage tags as we had an NCL transfer to the airport, even thou our flight wasn't until 2 pm they wanted us to leave at 8:30.  No big deal.

We were off the ship, got out luggage and excepted the help of a porter who got us onto the first bus and we were out of the port and at the airport by 1015 am!

Which was nice as the airport was crazy with Spring Breakers!

10 hours ago, mcmomny said:

Last week we had 8:30 am luggage tags as we had an NCL transfer to the airport, even thou our flight wasn't until 2 pm they wanted us to leave at 8:30.  No big deal.

We were off the ship, got out luggage and excepted the help of a porter who got us onto the first bus and we were out of the port and at the airport by 1015 am!

Which was nice as the airport was crazy with Spring Breakers!

What time did disembarkation start?

We have an 8am shuttle  booked with a private  company and they suggested we carry off our own luggage to make that time.

5 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

What time did disembarkation start?

We have an 8am shuttle  booked with a private  company and they suggested we carry off our own luggage to make that time.

we left the ship at 8:30 as we had NCL transportation. They were letting walk offs go about 745.

This sailing docked early and everything went well with security

• Thanks 1