I asked Chat GPT how to pick a specialty restaurant on the ship

Sigyn

Here is what Chat GPT told me to do when I asked for advice on picking a specialty restaurant on my upcoming cruise:

Choosing a specialty restaurant on a cruise ship can be a fun and exciting experience, as there are typically a variety of dining options available. Here are some tips on how to choose a specialty restaurant on a cruise ship:

• Research the dining options ahead of time: Most cruise lines offer information about their specialty restaurants on their website or through their onboard app. Take a look at the menus and prices to see which restaurants appeal to you.

• Consider the cuisine: If you have a specific type of cuisine that you love, such as Italian or steakhouse, you may want to choose a specialty restaurant that offers that type of cuisine.

• Check the reviews: Look for reviews of the specialty restaurants on travel websites or social media. This can give you an idea of the quality of the food and service, as well as any tips or recommendations from other cruisers.

• Make a reservation: Once you have decided on a specialty restaurant, make a reservation as soon as possible. Popular restaurants can book up quickly, especially during peak dining times.

• Consider special events: Some specialty restaurants offer special events, such as wine tastings or chef's tables. If you are interested in one of these events, be sure to check the schedule and make a reservation in advance.

By following these tips, you can choose a specialty restaurant on a cruise ship that suits your tastes and preferences, and enjoy a memorable dining experience during your cruise vacation.

Edited by njsmom
  • Haha 6

Too funny.  I've asked it a few technical questions related to my line of work.  Lots of answers exist on the web but several times now the engine has compiled a series of right answers but put a conclusion that is not supported by the facts.  It's a fancy search engine that isn't really thinking, of course.

Another forum where I post has had people producing answers to every topic at hand to see what the AI has to provide.  You quickly see that it's following a pattern for how it collates and presents info.  Correct sometimes, incorrect others, somewhere in-between more than it should.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

Agree, So basic a to useless.  Same suggestions for selecting a restaurant anywhere.

Wouldn't stop some vloggers from making a 10 minute YouTube video. ("The Five Things You MUST Do Before Booking A Specialty Restaurant!")

• Haha 4