Half Moon Cay

luvswater

6 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Enjoy HMC.  It is the best beach I've ever been to, by fa

We have been to a lot of beaches and it is also one of my favourites. The first time there I could not get over the colour of the water. I commented it to a few people and everyone felt the same way. Pictures don’t do it Justice. 

Klein Bonaire is a close second. The sand isn’t as soft. But there is lots of good snorkelling from shore. 

Love what we have read about HMC, question not beach people anymore see a trolley, does this do more than just bring you to the food area and shopping? Saw nature walk signs wonder how far these go? Would hate to miss this port because of minor health issues.

Any further information or even non beach suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks

Guest BasicSailor
4 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Love what we have read about HMC, question not beach people anymore see a trolley, does this do more than just bring you to the food area and shopping? Saw nature walk signs wonder how far these go? Would hate to miss this port because of minor health issues.

Any further information or even non beach suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks

Not sure it's called a Trolley it just brings people up and down the beach, food and some excursions. More of a Truck type vehicle with high steps getting into.

I have walked all over HMC, but maybe it's only a mile or so of the nature trail. I would say it's an enjoyable walk. The signs post interesting information about the island and flowers, etc. But in all honesty if you're not into good health I would avoid it. Especially when the heat sets in during the summer months.

42 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Not sure it's called a Trolley it just brings people up and down the beach, food and some excursions. More of a Truck type vehicle with high steps getting into.

I have walked all over HMC, but maybe it's only a mile or so of the nature trail. I would say it's an enjoyable walk. The signs post interesting information about the island and flowers, etc. But in all honesty if you're not into good health I would avoid it. Especially when the heat sets in during the summer months.

Thank you I'm on oxygen, I get around just slower now. Depending on the weather will do the walk if no excursion of interest. Thank you for the input figure I have all day (Inogen tank is 10 hours)  to put along 😁.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thank you I'm on oxygen, I get around just slower now. Depending on the weather will do the walk if no excursion of interest. Thank you for the input figure I have all day (Inogen tank is 10 hours)  to put along 😁.

Check the excursions in your CCL planner.  They offer a trolley excursion of 45 minute tour of the island,  I think it's $30??  I've never done it, but if you want to see the island, it seems perfect for you.  ENJOY your "I wish I could stay here forever" day in paradise!

17 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Check the excursions in your CCL planner.  They offer a trolley excursion of 45 minute tour of the island,  I think it's $30??  I've never done it, but if you want to see the island, it seems perfect for you.  ENJOY your "I wish I could stay here forever" day in paradise!

Thank you I will have a look, perfect for me.

• Like 1