Buying fudge

gottagoacruzn

Hi guys, I'm sure some of you who have been up to Alaska before, has brought fudge home from the shops up there. Been thinkin of buyin fudge or brownies on line, to give to coworkers an am wonderin what stores to go to, or just buy the goodies online an put them. What stores are good up in Skagway, & etc.? Thanks.

If you’re going to Ketchikan, I recommend Ketchikan Kandies—locally owned and pretty good fudge and chocolates. Pre-Covid, they had a store downtown.  Last year they were at Ward Cove (7 miles from town) in the NCL building. I spoke to one of the daughters of the owners—she said she thought they would be back in downtown this summer.

The popcorn shop in Skagway also sells fudge.  Haven’t tried theirs since we only get their popcorn.

26 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

If you’re going to Ketchikan, I recommend Ketchikan Kandies—locally owned and pretty good fudge and chocolates. Pre-Covid, they had a store downtown.  Last year they were at Ward Cove (7 miles from town) in the NCL building. I spoke to one of the daughters of the owners—she said she thought they would be back in downtown this summer.

We are huge fans of Ketchikan Kandies.  Used to stop by as often as we could when in town.  Last year we noticed they were not at the downtown location and didn't know what happened to them until I saw a YouTube video of Ward Cove and then I saw their sign.  Hope it is true that thy might be downtown again this summer --- the trick will be to find out where downtown.  Thanks for the information.

I have bought and consumed many pounds of fudge over the years from the Alaska Fudge Company which has stores in both Skagway and Juneau.  The penuche is just like Mom used to make.  I like the chocolate covered Oreos at KetchiCandies, but their fudge isn't as good.

• Like 1

Y'all are trying to confuse me with this Ketchikan Candies! Unless they went out of business, I can't find them....

but I did find there is a Ketchicandies! (which I think y'all are talking about) I don't see a downtown address yet.....I guess we shall see, as I love candy 🙂

But Ketchicandies does do shipping!

I would look for some Alaska products and you will see lots of places pushing that. I recall a store in ISP in 2019 (precovid).  I personally like to buy Canadian cookies and bring those back - in Prince Rupert there is a grocery just up the hill from the pier.  Salmon would be the thing to bring back from Alaska. 

57 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

Y'all are trying to confuse me with this Ketchikan Candies! Unless they went out of business, I can't find them....

but I did find there is a Ketchicandies! (which I think y'all are talking about) I don't see a downtown address yet.....I guess we shall see, as I love candy 🙂

But Ketchicandies does do shipping!

The peppermint logs are one of my favorites so hoping they have a downtown location when we go in July and August.  My spelling of the company name in my post was probably not accurate --- I apologize for that.

Edited by Italy52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AKStafford said:

If you get to Whittier, Whittier Fudge has good stuff. They also have a table set up at the Alaska State Fair each year.

And the best seafood restaurant in Alaska, the Swiftwater Cafe is also there.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, ClaireyBear said:

I heard that there’s a place called “Alaskan Fudge Co.” in Juneau, it’s on my list of places to visit when we’re on our cruise in June. 

This is easy to find and I have been here several times and friends have bought candy from here. It is good.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:23 PM, ClaireyBear said:

I heard that there’s a place called “Alaskan Fudge Co.” in Juneau, it’s on my list of places to visit when we’re on our cruise in June. 

This place is the best!  Their fudge is great and they sea otter paws are my favorite.  Last year the Skagway location was closed but they had two shops in Juneau.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 3:09 PM, gregmarty said:

This place is the best!  Their fudge is great and they sea otter paws are my favorite.  Last year the Skagway location was closed but they had two shops in Juneau.  

If you like Mackinac Island fudge, you'll like the fudge at the Alaskan Fudge Company. Owner is from northern Michigan. https://alaskanfudge.com/about/

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 7:23 PM, ClaireyBear said:

Yes, there is.  A decent selection of slabs of fudge.  I think I paid $30 or $35 for 3 slabs.