Just curious...Do you prefer bed by bathroom or by balcony?

tbmrt

I like to sit and watch the ocean if it's too cold/hot on the balcony so usually ask for the bed near the bathroom.  However, on SL I think having the bed by the balcony would be better since the bed in a Sea Terrace cabin can be converted to a couch 

Will it be too much of a pain for the cabin steward to change it back and forth daily? Can I do this myself?

They used to change the bed configuration daily but found that most people just like to keep it set up as a bed.  Yes, they are happy to do it for you at your request.  No, you can't do it yourself.

Your regular cabin steward will do it in the morning if you let him know that's what you want.  There is an "on call" team after 1pm, you just put the request in on the app and they will come to turn it back to a bed while you are at dinner or out for the evening (usually very shortly after you put the request in).  You aren't "bothering" the on call team.  That's their job.  They will handle anything from fresh water, towels, need more TP, to a full cleaning if you slept too late for the regular team to do it! (and yes, we did that once!)

Edited by cantgetin

In our sea terrace, the bed was closer to the window/door.  When they did the couch setup, the couch was NOT closer to the window.  Half of the king bed was still there.

Based on 20+ other cruise, we prefer the couch closer to the window/door.  When in bed, we usually have our eyes closed anyways - LOL!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, garycarla said:

In our sea terrace, the bed was closer to the window/door.  When they did the couch setup, the couch was NOT closer to the window.  Half of the king bed was still there

Guessing by half the bed you mean the chaise long part of the sofa?

11 minutes ago, garycarla said:

Yes, I meant the long part of sofa.... which is really half of the king bed. (2 twins) turned sidewide.  A quick google shows that some rooms go one way, and some the other.

It depends if the bed is closer to the bathroom or closer to the balcony door. 

2 hours ago, garycarla said:

Yes, I meant the long part of sofa.... which is really half of the king bed. (2 twins) turned sidewide.  A quick google shows that some rooms go one way, and some the other.

i like the "sticking out" part to be by the balcony.  i find that the beds with the part that rotates towards the center of the room give at least the illusion of more space.  i've been in cabins where the moving part of the bed opens towards the balcony, and it felt SUPER squishy. 

sounds stupid, but when they added the wood paneling thing behind the TV, that extra inch or whatever made it near impossible to walk between the stuck-out-in-the-middle-of-the-room bed without nailing your shoulder on the corner of the TV.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, singleflyer said:

On Scarlet Lady right now.  I have a Sea Terrace with the bed by the window/balcony.  I can't imagine it the other way; this just seems to make sense to me but maybe that's because it is all I know!

Virgin_Voyages_Room_0331_181535607.jpg

Interesting.  I was in an XL Sea Terrace and the layout is the opposite of this (Bed closer to the bathrooms).  I wonder why they made the change?

26 minutes ago, TYCruise said:

Interesting.  I was in an XL Sea Terrace and the layout is the opposite of this (Bed closer to the bathrooms).  I wonder why they made the change?

It’s the layout of the ship.  Every other room is generally one way, and the rooms in between are the other.  Like hotels, apartments, whatever, they try to do bathrooms in as much of a “stack” as possible, and this means having the bathrooms back to back between 2 rooms.

That forces the bed to be on one wall or the other, and the beds only open into a L the one way, so some rooms end up with the stationary part towards the middle and others have it with that part towards the balcony

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TYCruise said:

I think it is to stagger the beds slightly so the headboard of one isn’t against the headboard of the next as the rooms mirror the neighbouring room. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

I think it is to stagger the beds slightly so the headboard of one isn’t against the headboard of the next as the rooms mirror the neighbouring room. 

How thoughtful! Go VV😁

• 3 weeks later...

As tacocat hinted at, it's more about plumbing than anything else, not about headboards (lol), they just happen to be on the same wall as the bathrooms.  I prefer the headboard and therefore bathroom to be on the right wall, since I sleep on the right side of the bed, so I don't have to walk around the bed in the middle of the night 😛   

Funny, I had this same conversation on a FB post this week. I am also used to the bed by the closet, but we are bringing my daughter next time and have adjoining rooms, so we may try the room that has the bed by the balcony.

I'm questioning the wisdom of having our room adjoin my 19y/o daughter and her BF. I like my privacy. I am debating on opening the divider between the rooms or leaving it locked. Guess we will figure it out then.

6 hours ago, fndecker said:

Funny, I had this same conversation on a FB post this week. I am also used to the bed by the closet, but we are bringing my daughter next time and have adjoining rooms, so we may try the room that has the bed by the balcony.

I'm questioning the wisdom of having our room adjoin my 19y/o daughter and her BF. I like my privacy. I am debating on opening the divider between the rooms or leaving it locked. Guess we will figure it out then.

The rooms don’t actually adjoin- just the balcony part of you opt to have it removed.  Also, there’s a 50/50 chance your beds/bathrooms will be on opposite walls depending where in the floor plan you fall 😊