Jiffy Jeff versus Larry's Limo

cruisinelmo

I'm researching ground transportation for a group of 10 people associated with a cruise out of Port Everglades. Nothing unique, transportation from FLL to hotel, next day transportation from hotel to the port and a week later transportation from the cruise port to the airport. In the past I have used Larry's Limo but from my research Jiffy Jeff seems to be in direct competition with Larry's Limo. I would like to hear comments/experiences you have had with either or both transportation services. Thank you in advance

Never used Jiffy Jeff but have used Larry's many times. Have always had a good experience with Larry's so I won't change until I have a reason to. Will be using Larry's again in a few weeks, will let you know if I have anything but a good experience. 

Edited by sabrefan15

Sabrefan15 - I got a quote from both Larry's Limo and Jiffy Jeff both are in the ballpark of each other, the last time I used Larry I paid the driver after each time we were dropped off is that still true today ? Will they require a deposit say 30 days before the first pick up ?

3 hours ago, cruisinelmo said:

Sabrefan15 - I got a quote from both Larry's Limo and Jiffy Jeff both are in the ballpark of each other, the last time I used Larry I paid the driver after each time we were dropped off is that still true today ? Will they require a deposit say 30 days before the first pick up ?

Maybe asking them what their current policy is would be a good idea. 

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2023 at 7:28 PM, cruisinelmo said:

They didn't require a deposit. I will pay them on way to ship for both directions.

On 4/4/2023 at 2:52 PM, sabrefan15 said:

They didn't require a deposit. I will pay them on way to ship for both directions.

I agree I quoted both with the same results as your observation. Since I have had previous good experiences with Larry's Limo I proceeded with booking with them; now I have a quote with a locked in price.

20 hours ago, George C said:

I have found Larry’s very overpriced, on our Miami to Ft Myer they wanted approximately 200 more than we eventually paid .

I hear you but we are 4 families (10 people) going on a cruise so dividing the cost 4 ways make it a little easier to take. In essence you are paying for comfort and convenience and the plan is to reserve a quoted price on a cruise a year away because if you know anything you can be assured the price will only increase with time. Worst case scenario you can always cancel at no cost to you.

• Like 1

We have Larry's booked for our July cruise.  For our family of 5, it came out to about $50 more than the lowest quote we could find, but chose Larry's because of the great ratings/reviews.  For the amount we're paying for the cruise/airfare/hotel, it's worth the $50ish more for the company with the better CS record.

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 6:50 PM, sabrefan15 said:

Never used Jiffy Jeff but have used Larry's many times. Have always had a good experience with Larry's so I won't change until I have a reason to. Will be using Larry's again in a few weeks, will let you know if I have anything but a good experience. 

Hope you had a good trip!  How did it go with Larry's?

7 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Hope you had a good trip!  How did it go with Larry's?

Thanks had an excellent trip. It went pretty well with Larry's. They were a little late picking us up to go to ship because he went to wrong hotel. Luckily it wasn't far away and was about 15 minutes late. Picking us up from ship was good, someone took wrong suitcase (my son's) so we were late getting to van for pick-up because after he looked for his luggage he had to fill out a form. Driver still waited for us and we got to Ft. Lauderdale airport from Miami by 9:30.

• Thanks 1