The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 2nd, 2023

57 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening,

I have my work cut out for me tomorrow.  Our flights have disappeared from the airline website and when I figured out how to get into Flight Ease with the new arrangements, it said there was a schedule change and it was being processed or something like that.  Well, that message sends danger signals.  Last year processing went on for months.  And then you end up with a lousy schedule.  I'm calling tomorrow and will see what we can do.

Otherwise, a nice day here.  I did a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood this morning and then did a load of wash.  Not much on the agenda.

Debbie -

We had the same thing happen a while back for the flight we are taking tomorrow morning. I called 800-628-4771 (be sure to pick option 3!) to get a Flight Ease person and she cleared it up quickly. I might have lost the seats I had picked, but I was going to upgrade them anyway. I never really got an answer to what had happened...

Fred

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good evening,

I have my work cut out for me tomorrow.  Our flights have disappeared from the airline website and when I figured out how to get into Flight Ease with the new arrangements, it said there was a schedule change and it was being processed or something like that.  Well, that message sends danger signals.  Last year processing went on for months.  And then you end up with a lousy schedule.  I'm calling tomorrow and will see what we can do.

Otherwise, a nice day here.  I did a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood this morning and then did a load of wash.  Not much on the agenda.

Oh no, always something!  Let us know what you find out tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, kplady said:

Good morning friends from the Grand Princess, on the way to New Zealand ...

Well, not so good for us...both DH and I tested positive for covid yesterday!  We were moved from our Oceanview room to a balcony. Better, but spending 7 days together....should be interesting! I'm feeling good, just cold symptoms..DH is coughing and achy. He is able to take Paxlovid, I can't because of one of the meds I take. 

Other than this, the cruise has been great. We'll miss a couple of NZ ports unfortunately. 

Prayers for all on the care list, cheers for all celebrating and cruising.

Laura 

I'm so sorry to hear this, Laura.  I hope you and your DH get over this quickly and don't miss many ports.

We got our grocery shopping done just in time.  The "frozen mix" came down in a torrent, hail was bouncing off the roof and covered the ground.  Of course my Daffodils are all blooming and the tulips are coming up.  Winter can leave any time!

• Like 7

Sorry about the flights Debbie @dfish@Overhead Fred's advice sounds good to me.  I'd be ticked off if that happened to me.  Hope things work out for you.

1 hour ago, kplady said:

Well, not so good for us...both DH and I tested positive for covid yesterday!  We were moved from our Oceanview room to a balcony. Better, but spending 7 days together....should be interesting! I'm feeling good, just cold symptoms..DH is coughing and achy. He is able to take Paxlovid, I can't because of one of the meds I take. 

Other than this, the cruise has been great. We'll miss a couple of NZ ports unfortunately. 

Laura 

I can definitely sympathize with you since that happened to us last year.  We watched TV, read, and Princess had a lot of excellent music stations to listen to on the TV.  Pretend you're in a luxury hotel when you're ordering room service for every meal!   If you have a beverage package please order whatever you want and they will bring it.  And I hope you both have negative test results very quickly. 

Funny how things have changed since last summer though.  On Island Princess they moved us from our balcony room to an oceanview in the Covid "ward".  That was the worst!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Debbie -

We had the same thing happen a while back for the flight we are taking tomorrow morning. I called 800-628-4771 (be sure to pick option 3!) to get a Flight Ease person and she cleared it up quickly. I might have lost the seats I had picked, but I was going to upgrade them anyway. I never really got an answer to what had happened...

Fred

Thank you!   I will call tomorrow.  The last time this happened they really messed up the reservation.  I was downgraded in class of service for 3 out of 4 segments, but the price stayed the same.  Grrr.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kplady said:

Laura 

Laura, I'm so sorry you both tested positive for Covid.  I hope you both have very mild cases, and are over them soon.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1