Punchliner - Carnival Freedom Question

nydney1

We just got off the Carnival Freedom (March 27-April 1). The comedians were good, but I have a question.

We went to the late night adult show on two different nights. Same comedian. His routine was the exact same. 
I was surprised. In the knew that if there were two shows the same night they would use the same set but not on different nights.

When we were on the Legend last June, The shows were different each night.

I asked Momo (Comedy Club Manager) and she said this is normal.

Is this right or did something change?

Guest BasicSailor

Usually at the end of the show the comedians will invite you back telling you the time for his next show and ratings. Explaining if the show would be the same or different. I feel on the larger ships there will be repeats as most people will miss or the timing isn't right. If they didn't explain that to you something has changed.

Some comedians do multiple shows, others do repeats.  

I guess Carnival just requires them to have content for one show, but some (most?) have more than one shows worth of content so they do more than one show?

19 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Usually at the end of the show the comedians will invite you back telling you the time for his next show and ratings. Explaining if the show would be the same or different. I feel on the larger ships there will be repeats as most people will miss or the timing isn't right. If they didn't explain that to you something has changed.

They did say the late show was a repeat of the early show, but they did not say there was only one show.

18 hours ago, mz-s said:

I have also noticed on the tvs around the ship, jumbotron - they will show the show times and titles - and also if the show is a repeat or not. 

I usually check the title, I didn’t notice that this time.

On our Hawaii Cruise last month one of the comedians repeated about 75% of his previous show.  Granted his first show was the 11 pm show 2 nights before. No problem getting a seat as most of the ship was already in bed.  The show where he did the repeat was in the main theater at 9:30.  Theater was packed.  I don't know why Carnival doesn't do more shows in the Theater?    

41 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

On our Hawaii Cruise last month one of the comedians repeated about 75% of his previous show.  Granted his first show was the 11 pm show 2 nights before. No problem getting a seat as most of the ship was already in bed.  The show where he did the repeat was in the main theater at 9:30.  Theater was packed.  I don't know why Carnival doesn't do more shows in the Theater?    

I’ve talked to some of the comedians who say they like the smaller more intimate setting of the Punchliner. They can more easily see and hear the audience. 

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I’ve talked to some of the comedians who say they like the smaller more intimate setting of the Punchliner. They can more easily see and hear the audience. 

Not sure it's the comedians' call.  I agree with others that they need to put comedians in the larger theaters more often, especially when they are drawing such large crowds.

8 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Not sure it's the comedians' call.  I agree with others that they need to put comedians in the larger theaters more often, especially when they are drawing such large crowds.

At least on Sunshine (the ship I have most recent experience with) they'll typically do one evening where the comedians are in the Liquid lounge and the night club moves to the Limelight.

Of all the ships, Sunshine is the one that really should have comedy in the main lounge full-time because that ship's Limelight lounge is horrible.