Question about a 7 pm debark

Eli_6

Our cruise time on our pride sailing in May was changed to 7 pm. It is the first cruise after dry dock.  Will they still serve dinner in the MDR that night if you have a 6 pm dinner time?  It is not showing up on my first day itinerary.

Also, what time do they generally start embarking with such a late debark?

Guest BasicSailor

Most of those dry dock cruises can be iffy. I have sat waiting on a ship from Virgina delayed four hours to Charlston SC. No dinner that night. Buffet only with a slow embarkation.

Be prepared for some things not to be operational and a few late maintenance problems. Noise, banging and so forth.

Edited by BasicSailor

They better not delay too long because important people need to board Venezia the next day.

Depending on what is going on, they could make all dining open seating. That has happened to us before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our sailing out of Honolulu, a few years ago, was set for 9pm.  Everyone boarded at the regular time that all other sailings do…mid morning to early afternoon.  Guests were able to go back ashore after embarking and the evening meal was served at the regular time.

That being said..may not hold true in your situation, as you stated, it’s the first sailing after dry dock.

• Like 1

Wow.  So they are literally working on the ship until the last possible second it sounds like.  Main reason I was asking was to try to decide whether or not to schedule tours/activities in Barcelona that day or not.  Fortunately, we have a relatively late check out at our hotel (noon) and I would imagine they would hold our bags for us until later. I suppose I will go ahead and plan on a day of sightseeing rather than trying to be first on the boat.  

• Like 1

the only late departure we have sailed is from San Juan.  I think it was 7pm.  

i usually like to have a few drinks on the lido and watch the port fade away in the distance.   We must have had late arrivals from the mainland because we didnt get going til after 9pm.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...