Is Harmony looking "Tired"?

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This past December and January - Furniture on Jewel (especially couches in cabins) was frayed and torn. Overstuffed couch cushions were  mis shappen.  Balcony showed lots of rust. Carpet was frayed at seams in common areas and hallways.  Hard chairs were worn down so much that the stain was worn off. 

Staff did the best they can to keep the ship clean, but it needs a major overhaul.  

M

On my cruise on Allure, I noticed that the Rattan (faux, I'm sure) patio furniture was damaged/frayed, and some paint, in many locations was chipped, scuffed, and/or faded.  But, I had a great cruise.  

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

How does a ship look tired?  Just curious

"Tired" (which is why it was put in quotes).. meaning worn down, poor in appearance, unkept.  I also said that Royal Caribbean usually has a very high standard for their ships.  My curiosity was in that fact that recent drydocks did not update anything "customer facing"... and after 3,4,5 years things can wear down, and lose their quality. 

Either way, I plan on having a good time. These boards are full of these types of questions (the ones that aren't super important or urgent); so I thought I would ask the group for some insight based on their own experience.

But - The photo is really funny, so let's just pretend that you truly didn't understand my question, and are just being "obtuse" with your question.

Edited by cruizer rick
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cruizer rick said:

"Tired" (which is why it was put in quotes).. meaning worn down, poor in appearance, unkept.  I also said that Royal Caribbean usually has a very high standard for their ships.  My curiosity was in that fact that recent drydocks did not update anything "customer facing"... and after 3,4,5 years things can wear down, and lose their quality. 

Either way, I plan on having a good time. These boards are full of these types of questions (the ones that aren't super important or urgent); so I thought I would ask the group for some insight based on their own experience.

But - The photo is really funny, so let's just pretend that you truly didn't understand my question, and are just being "obtuse" with your question.

I understand.....you mean that the ship is not Tired because in ship years, it is still young.  What you wanted to know if it looked, like someone forgot to  comb their hair, and put make-up on.  Furniture can look used after a year and rust on ships, makes it look like a ship.  But in 5 years, the ship will also look "dated" which is a common item also.

24 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I understand.....you mean that the ship is not Tired because in ship years, it is still young.  What you wanted to know if it looked, like someone forgot to  comb their hair, and put make-up on.  Furniture can look used after a year and rust on ships, makes it look like a ship.  But in 5 years, the ship will also look "dated" which is a common item also.

Thank you for helping us describe what most people had figured out without your articulation. I too love when people ask questions in a way that doesn't meet the spirit of what they really are looking to understand. Thanks for making sure we all understand what I was looking for... if it added value within the context of this feed.  Seems like most (pretty unanimously) understood what they original question sought to understand.

6 hours ago, cruizer rick said:

You are taking into consideration that Royal Caribbean's ships weren't sailing during Covid-19, right?

On 4/3/2023 at 5:30 PM, cruizer rick said:

Hi Everyone - Today (40 days out to May 13th sailing)... I booked the last Junior Suite, and the last Balcony onboard the entire ship... phew,  just made it!

This cruise will make my last cruise as Diamond, as I move to Diamond Plus after this sailing!

We had sailed on Harmony in 2018 (remember Sabor where Playmakers is out back)... how it the Quality of the Ship holding up?  I mean, if there have been no major refurbishments since before then, do the cabins & showrooms/restaurants still meet high-quality Royal Caribbean standards, or does the ship look "worn"? It's last dry dock 2021 was only "technical" in nature and didn't bring any new features (such as Playmakers / Giovanni's) etc - 

Going to have fun either way, just surprised to see "nothing" has changed for several years.

Cruised on Harmony in 2016 and as recently as December last year.  Didn’t notice any differences.  She looked great on each cruise.  I wasn’t hunting for blemishes, but my recollection is she was in very nice shape and most definitely not “tired” looking.  

We sailed on Harmony during her first season. How can Harmony look "tired"? She's still new! 

Checks sailing history...that was 2016...yikes! Same reaction as when someone points out that the 1980s were NOT 20 years ago. 

On her right now. She looks fantastic. Looks fresh and new. We were just on the Norwegian Prima in December and that ship is brand new. Harmony looks just as amazing. 

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, JaynBNA said:

Reading these replies on Harmony make me wonder how 'tired' Navigator will be when I sail in October. She's 15 years older than Harmony.

I was on the Navigator a year ago and she is in excellent condition. The food in the specialty restaurants was awesome and great staff.

• Like 1