**The Oosterdam will be leaving soon...NEXT week I'll be on her!!!

FlorenceItaly

But we do not sail until a week later. Please take good care of her. Leave our rooms in tact. If you can drop a note or two en-voyage, that would be great. We would love the live reports.

Cheers and Bon Voyage......

We are going to have such a wonderful week. I know you will be ready for some SUN & FUN for sure :)

gdries - Typically I do purchase an internet package, but don't plan too this trip, but that could change. If I am on the internet at all, in port, or on the ship, I promise to post to the board.

Edited to say: Lynn I just told dh that if I lived as close to the pier as you do, I would be down there every week watching her leave, lol.

Marie

Marie, I am so excited for you. You and your sister will have a wonderful time next week. It looks like she went farther our tonight to back up and turn around. Could be because the normal Captain and Hotel Manager are not on board they are in FLL for Meetings.

Here's another photo as she leaves! Hope you have better weather than today. we've had, rain, thunder, lightening and HAIL!!!!

1141097748706706.jpg

Sounds like Las Vegas today except we did not have THUNDER but may have had snow in different parts of the valley.

Marie, I am so excited for you. You and your sister will have a wonderful time next week. It looks like she went farther our tonight to back up and turn around. Could be because the normal Captain and Hotel Manager are not on board they are in FLL for Meetings.

Lisa - Will they be back on board next week, do you know? I missed Mr. Deering in December while on the Zuiderdam. He got off as I was coming on. I would love the opportunity to meet him this trip.

Marie

Marie, I'm sure you and your DH are really counting down now. How wonderful to be so close to your next cruise. We have 7 more weeks!

Jim - sadly dh is being left behind this trip. He just doesn't have the vacation time. He retired in 2003, but then went back to work 3 weeks later, and does not have much vacation time. He's only able to cruise about one time per year. He is a gem to not mind me going on my own. My big cruise in Jan 2007 will be a solo one too.

Marie

Hi Marie,

I was looking for the link to the Oosterdam's departure because "Caroline from Toronto" is aboard. She was going to "wave" to all of us, and I advised her that she may need to use her umberella.

Well, "The Mighty O" is underway, and I hope that Caroline is safely aboard and enjoying a pre-dinner drink because she would have to be crazy to be outside waving to anyone at this point. We are in the midst of a really nasty storm which came down from Alaska and for the past couple of days it has been miserable - cold, very wet, and on/off thunderstorms, and in some areas hail. In the local mountains we have a ton of snow.

Hopefully, next week when you and your sister are ready to board the ship our weather will be back to "normal" for this time of year - sunny, if maybe a little bit chilly.

I hope that you have a wonderful cruise. Maybe you and I will actually have a chance to meet on a cruise sometime soon.

I will be thinking of you and your sister next week, I promise, and hoping that you have a sensational time "bonding" just like my daughter, granddaughter and I did on our Holiday cruise aboard the Amsterdam this past Christmas/New Years.

Valerie :)

(Just noticed that several other posts had appeared since I started "composing" my post. You are getting your first Mariner Award on this next cruise? Congratulations and I am really excited for you also.)

I completely forget Caroline was onboard!!!

I do hope you and I will be able to meet on a cruise one day. If nothing else, at least have coffee together in San Diego. I'll miss you again in 2007 as you will be on your fabulous cruise while I am in San Diego on mine :).

Thank you for your kind words. You are a very special lady.

Marie

special time to receive your 50 day pin. I'll receive my 50 day on the Ryndam since it is a 30 day cruise :). I saw on ebay where someone was auctioning off their deceased father's 100 day medal :(.

Marie

Marie, we too will be getting our 50 day pin on the Ryndam:)

I agree that it is sad that some one is selling their deceased Father's 100 day medal. Obviously cruising did not mean much to the kids. I have actually seen quite a few of the medals on eBay. Now that is just something I would never bid on. I feel one has to honestly earn it. I cannot imagine anyone buying it unless you had already earned one and lost it:confused:

Now that is just something I would never bid on. I feel one has to honestly earn it. I cannot imagine anyone buying it unless you had already earned one and lost it:confused:

I feel the same way!

That is so neat that we will be both receiving our 50 day medal on the same ship. And, we are almost birthday twins, lol. For sure dh and I will be in Vegas again, and we WILL arrange to have a CC meet.

Marie

Archived