**The Oosterdam will be leaving soon...NEXT week I'll be on her!!!

FlorenceItaly

Lisa - Will they be back on board next week, do you know? I missed Mr. Deering in December while on the Zuiderdam. He got off as I was coming on. I would love the opportunity to meet him this trip.

Marie

He should be picking up the Oosterdam next wednesday in Puerto Vallarta, Marie. Have an awesome cruise and enjoy yourself!:) Congratulations on your first Mariner award, may there be many more!

Marie, I hope you have a wonderful time on the Oosterdam :) I hope you do get to meet Mr. Deering; he really is a great asset to Holland America.

There's not too long to go now - you just have to get through this next week!

I'm on the same sailing as Marie, her sister and Lynn! We also have another Lynn on the Roll Call. We've chatted so much back and forth I feel I know her. She e-mailed her picture and she's a very pretty lady (as well as a very nice person in cyberspace)!

This is a "re-cruise" for me from New Year's. I guess I've "caught the bug," so to speak.

Note to self: You have enough clothes now for the cruise, so stop shopping! :eek:

Don't say that! Marie is flying in the day of the cruise and is already pretty nervous. She'll make it - even if she has to swim to Cabo San Lucas if she misses the departure!;)

All's I can say is make sure your there the day before.:rolleyes: We all know what happend to someone else on this board ;) . Have a wonderful trip and i want to see all your pictures.

I'm on the same sailing as Marie, her sister and Lynn! We also have another Lynn on the Roll Call. We've chatted so much back and forth I feel I know her. She e-mailed her picture and she's a very pretty lady (as well as a very nice person in cyberspace)!

This is a "re-cruise" for me from New Year's. I guess I've "caught the bug," so to speak.

Note to self: You have enough clothes now for the cruise, so stop shopping! :eek:

Cheryl, you have an awesome cruise on Oosterdam too! :)

And I am very excited to meet my CC friends. We've have such a wonderful roll call. There are only a few of us but it's a very nice bunch. We have tours planned together, dinner in PV, etc.

Cheryl! Stop shopping, leave $$ for martinis ;).

Ruth - Bon Voyage to you, friend. I am disappointed I won't be here to follow your Happy Wanderer Thread, but I MUST CRUISE. I am sure you understand ;).

Thanks again for all the well wishes. See some of you SOON.

Marie

Mr Deering left the ship in Cabo last week and was replaced by Mike Mahn. No reason given, just noticed he was there first formal night & gone next day.

Make sure you bring a sweater/windbreaker. We sailed 3/4-11. It was darn chilly out on the balcony both leaving San Diego & the 2 days at sea coming back. Very disappointing not to be able to sit outside & enjoying aft pool or our balcony, even with sweaters. Seas were rough, strong winds, and in mid to upper 50's air temps. Ports of call were hot & wonderful, although beaches had yellow flag (caution) out for swimmers. Saw lots of whale activity in Cabo right from ship!

HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

Mr Deering left the ship in Cabo last week and was replaced by Mike Mahn. No reason given, just noticed he was there first formal night & gone next day.

Small correction on that; he left the ship in Puerto Vallarta on Wednesday and flew to FLL for a HAL senior management (captains, hotel managers, chief officers & chief engineers) meeting

Marie.......Hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be eager to hear all about it.

Cheryl........Wishing you a big Bon Voyage as well. Stories; we're going to want to hear lots of stories when you return. :)

Fair winds and a following sea.........

Archived