Forward view deck on S class ships

39august

I see many comments that there is no forward view open deck for non-Retreat guests on S class ships. That is not true. You just have to know where to look. There is an open forward deck with some loungers on deck 12 outside the gym. Just go in the gym to the front door. and voila! Forward view deck and loungers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is quite true.  Usually it takes a while for passengers to discover that area.  On the other hand, during our last S class cruise, it got mighty crowded there when we sailed through Dusky, Doubtful and Milford Sounds!

41 minutes ago, 39august said:

I see many comments that there is no forward view open deck for non-Retreat guests on S class ships. That is not true. You just have to know where to look. There is an open forward deck with some loungers on deck 12 outside the gym. Just go in the gym to the front door. and voila! Forward view deck and loungers. 

Depends on the ship, Eclipse still has full forward access with no retreat area.The gym area is also widely known about.

Picture taken in Dusky Sound March 2023

DSC05015ms.jpg

Edited by JBare
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kearney said:

I thought the complaint was about E class ships... the S class has the Sky lounge and a number of other spots... E..not so much

Insider tip for those on Edge class ships: take the spa tour on embarkation day right before Sail Away and you can stand out on the deck in front of the spa. There are no chairs or loungers but if you want a forward view on Sail Away you can do it here if you aren't in the Retreat. I don't know if you would be able to go here at other times unless you had access to the spa.