Europe( London) 2025 itineraries?

mommyx2

Carnival was the last of the major lines to release 2024 itineraries, which they did just a couple months ago.   I don't think any of us know when 2025 will be open for booking, but I wouldn't expect it to be soon. 

• Like 2

After coming back from a Mediterranean Cruise last October 2022 with Carnival Pride--which was a great and wonderful experience, I wanted to book another European Cruise with Carnival in 2024. It took Carnival time to release their 2024 sailings--so I booked an Oct-Nov 2024 cruise with NCL- from Haifa to Rome with key ports in Cyprus, Turkey, and Greece. I am so looking forward to this cruise--mainly because of the ports that the ship will visit.

I, too look forward to Carnival 2025 Europe sailings--hoping to do a B2B for Norway and the Northern European/Baltic counties.

We are waiting to see the Europe itinerary for 2025 as well, we will be doing a land trip to London end of next month for 10 days and are currently in process of booking a land trip for Greece in 2024.  We are tentatively thinking a cruise trip somewhere in Europe (?) and hope the schedule is interesting (not England or Greece routes) for 2025. 

Goals!  Big big goals! Maybe in a couple of years.  Ireland and Scotland ports maybe.  But that requires going to London and boarding there.  Is it horribly expensive flying to and from London?

Saw some American ports listed too for other trips. Do you recommend any of those? A girl can dream you know!

Edited by Stowaway LFC

2 hours ago, Stowaway LFC said:

Goals!  Big big goals! Maybe in a couple of years.  Ireland and Scotland ports maybe.  But that requires going to London and boarding there.  Is it horribly expensive flying to and from London?

Saw some American ports listed too for other trips. Do you recommend any of those? A girl can dream you know!

We're doing Iceland and the UK from London this summer.  We got non-stop R/T to Heathrow from Chicago at right around $800pp. But they had hovered at $1200pp for months.

As to American ports, what your seeing are the trans Atlantic repos that seasonally get ships to/from the European market from the Caribbean market; very common for HAL, for example.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jsglow said:

We're doing Iceland and the UK from London this summer.  We got non-stop R/T to Heathrow from Chicago at right around $800pp. But they had hovered at $1200pp for months.

As to American ports, what your seeing are the trans Atlantic repos that seasonally get ships to/from the European market from the Caribbean market; very common for HAL, for example.

Excellent! Thats less than I thought. Will prob stick with London. Iceland and UK looks fun! Might plan that one on down the road.  Thank you! You are awesome :)

11 hours ago, jsglow said:

We are doing land trip to Italy (Venice-Padua/Verona-Florence-Pisa-Cinque Terre this September. Got RT ticket to Venice in January for $900+ (but now tickets hover at $1,500/person).

Thought of doing Norway Cruise with Carnival Pride this July, 2023 but airfare to Heathrow was somewhere near $1,500 (or $3,000+ for 2 persons including transfers, etc) - more than the cruise fare!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MedCruise_2022 said:

We are doing land trip to Italy (Venice-Padua/Verona-Florence-Pisa-Cinque Terre this September. Got RT ticket to Venice in January for $900+ (but now tickets hover at $1,500/person).

Thought of doing Norway Cruise with Carnival Pride this July, 2023 but airfare to Heathrow was somewhere near $1,500 (or $3,000+ for 2 persons including transfers, etc) - more than the cruise fare!

Thats what I was afraid of! Yikes! Will watch for that, maybe some deal will pop up before I book. 

• Like 1

I happen to see that the Carnival Legend has the EB 2024 Transatlantic available for booking. It started me thinking as we have the HAL Rotterdam booked WB for October 2024. One-way airfares are so inflated what was the possibility of a RT flight but originating in Europe? It appears doable but airlines only have fares 355 days in advance so I would need to look again next year.

Speaking of airfares, we (3 of us) are cruising with MSC in September to the British Isles. I would just about daily since last Fall check airfares for IAD to cities that would work as we are sailing from Hamburg. It looked as if we would need to fly Icelandair as it was the cheapest. Even that was hovering at $2,400 Economy Standard that required a change of plane in Reyjkavik. We had flown SAS back in 2017 for a Baltic cruise and enjoyed it so I made sure to always check them. They were around $3,700 - $4,500 depending on the day unfortunately for their Premium Economy. In mid -January I happen to check the SAS site - and found our RT flights for the three of us at $2,211.00 for Premium Economy! Whipped out the credit card and secured our reservation right then.

Since that day I have never again seen it so low, and right now it is at $5,700. One day it was at $7,500!!! If you are doing your own booking instead of a travel agent, it pays to do a bit of homework. Because airlines use dynamic pricing now I have found it better to check in the morning. An example was our flight in 2017 on SAS. When I checked the flight in the morning I had found that for around $50.00 I could add a flight CPH-BGO (Bergen, Norway). But I needed to check with my wife and by the time I spoke to her the difference was no $400.00.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 10:13 AM, jsglow said:

You've got a 9-12 month wait.  As stated, while it was a poorly kept secret that Legend would be the ship, 2024 was just released within the last month or so.

Any guess which Carnival ship will be in Europe for 2025...maybe Venezia?

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

Any guess which Carnival ship will be in Europe for 2025...maybe Venezia?

It is Legend again. It’s on port schedules for Le Havre, Porto, Piraeus and Reykjavik. Other ports don’t have 2025 posted but looks like much of the same.

• Thanks 2

In the past, they *usually* came out about December or January a year-and-a-half in advance.  So, summer 2025 would come out in December of this year. However, they were a little earlier one year and much later this year.  So, really, no one knows but I wouldn't even start looking until November or December. 

On 4/10/2023 at 7:06 AM, Heartgrove said:

I happen to see that the Carnival Legend has the EB 2024 Transatlantic available for booking. It started me thinking as we have the HAL Rotterdam booked WB for October 2024. One-way airfares are so inflated what was the possibility of a RT flight but originating in Europe? It appears doable but airlines only have fares 355 days in advance so I would need to look again next year.

Speaking of airfares, we (3 of us) are cruising with MSC in September to the British Isles. I would just about daily since last Fall check airfares for IAD to cities that would work as we are sailing from Hamburg. It looked as if we would need to fly Icelandair as it was the cheapest. Even that was hovering at $2,400 Economy Standard that required a change of plane in Reyjkavik. We had flown SAS back in 2017 for a Baltic cruise and enjoyed it so I made sure to always check them. They were around $3,700 - $4,500 depending on the day unfortunately for their Premium Economy. In mid -January I happen to check the SAS site - and found our RT flights for the three of us at $2,211.00 for Premium Economy! Whipped out the credit card and secured our reservation right then.

Since that day I have never again seen it so low, and right now it is at $5,700. One day it was at $7,500!!! If you are doing your own booking instead of a travel agent, it pays to do a bit of homework. Because airlines use dynamic pricing now I have found it better to check in the morning. An example was our flight in 2017 on SAS. When I checked the flight in the morning I had found that for around $50.00 I could add a flight CPH-BGO (Bergen, Norway). But I needed to check with my wife and by the time I spoke to her the difference was no $400.00.

Have you considered getting in points/miles?

On 4/9/2023 at 12:01 AM, MedCruise_2022 said:

After coming back from a Mediterranean Cruise last October 2022 with Carnival Pride--which was a great and wonderful experience, I wanted to book another European Cruise with Carnival in 2024. It took Carnival time to release their 2024 sailings--so I booked an Oct-Nov 2024 cruise with NCL- from Haifa to Rome with key ports in Cyprus, Turkey, and Greece. I am so looking forward to this cruise--mainly because of the ports that the ship will visit.

I, too look forward to Carnival 2025 Europe sailings--hoping to do a B2B for Norway and the Northern European/Baltic counties.

I don't think Carnival will be in Norway anymore, but someone can correct me.  They aren't in Norway  in 2024.  Environmental regulations for the Norwegian Fjords changed in 2024 so I don't think Carnival's older ships meet them. 

• Like 1

As an aside, I am really wanting to take a cruise to Egypt and the Holy Land in 2025 and wish HAL, MSC and Royal would come out with their summer cruises.

And, yes, I know it will be hot in the summer but no hotter than where I am coming from which is actually about the same distance from the equator as the pyramids...only we have humidity to make it worse.

6 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I don't think Carnival will be in Norway anymore, but someone can correct me.  They aren't in Norway  in 2024.  Environmental regulations for the Norwegian Fjords changed in 2024 so I don't think Carnival's older ships meet them. 

It is likely (although still hoping Carnival would do Norway again in 2025). I think the 2023 Carnival sailing to Norway returned to Dover yesterday-- it covered 8-9 Norway ports!!!

Now looking at NCL either May or September 2025 for a 10-day Iceland (3 ports)-Norway (3 ports) plus Brussels and Amsterdam cruise. Still on the fence...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, Eli_6 said:

Isn't the requirement to be emission free by Jan 1, 2026 to sail in the Norwegian Fjords?