Queen Elizabeth Alternative Dinning

LB_NJ

These just showed up in my cruise planner along with sample menus.

Coriander
Riviera
Frontier
La Piazza
Nordlys
Bamboo

It said they would be available to book 14 days before the cruise.  I have 2 complimentary dinners as part of my reservation so I believe I can't book until I am onboard.

On this board people have overwhelmingly recommended Coriander.  From the list any thoughts as to what would be a second and third choice.  It is only a 10 night cruise so I doubt there will be repeats.

6 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

These just showed up in my cruise planner along with sample menus.

Coriander
Riviera
Frontier
La Piazza
Nordlys
Bamboo

It said they would be available to book 14 days before the cruise.  I have 2 complimentary dinners as part of my reservation so I believe I can't book until I am onboard.

On this board people have overwhelmingly recommended Coriander.  From the list any thoughts as to what would be a second and third choice.  It is only a 10 night cruise so I doubt there will be repeats.

I much enjoyed La Piazza, though the antipasti plate is so huge that we have to share if we are going to make it to the end.

Depending on your itinerary, you probably won't actually be offered all three of Riviera, Frontier and Nordlys. My understanding is Riviera is for Mediterranean cruises, Nordlys for cruises to Norway, and Frontier is something new they will be introducing on QE's Alaska itineraries.

• Like 1

I have a follow-up question for those who have been on Mediterranean or Norwegian cruises since Cunard introduced the Riviera and Nordlys menus. Were those themes added to the mix along with the other themes (Coriander, La Piazza and Bamboo)? Or were the Riviera or Nordlys themes the only ones offered during your time in the Mediterranean or Norway?

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I have a follow-up question for those who have been on Mediterranean or Norwegian cruises since Cunard introduced the Riviera and Nordlys menus. Were those themes added to the mix along with the other themes (Coriander, La Piazza and Bamboo)? Or were the Riviera or Nordlys themes the only ones offered during your time in the Mediterranean or Norway?

On the QE last year in tthe Med (in part - never heard of Riviera or Nordlys. Also never bothered with alternative dining - most peple don't  - the food is very good in the MDR. We had English people at our table raving about Coriander (Indian) - but when I looked at the menu it was very much Indian 101 - not a very interesting menu  for those who eat Indian regularly.   

There is no need to book any of these in advance