Sunset Catamaran Cruise St Thomas on  "Castaway Girl" 

DRS/NC

Sunset Catamaran Cruise St Thomas on  "Castaway Girl"  -- anyone know if this excursion (on Caribbean Princess) is appropriate for someone with mobility problems?

I have trouble walking; I usually use a rollator/walker & a scooter on the ship.  Is it possible to take a rollator on such a boat?  I can sit on chair-level benches, but not able to get down to floor level.

I would really love to sail on a catamaran one more time!  What is your experience?

I have posted this on the St.Thomas & on the Disabled Passengers pages. 

Thanks!

I did this excursion in 2021 and loved it but I don’t have mobility issues. I don’t remember anyone onboard who had any issues and no one with a walker. If I did have trouble walking I wouldn’t do this excursion.

We did this last year.  It was a bit of a walk to the catamaran dock but I recall they had golf-cart type transpo available. Believe we had to step down into the boat though, so that might be a challenge, and not sure how the rollator would work on board.   Once on board there was regular bench/chair seating available. You might want to call and ask specifically about this. We enjoyed the excursion.  

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We did this last year.  It was a bit of a walk to the catamaran dock but I recall they had golf-cart type transpo available. Believe we had to step down into the boat though, so that might be a challenge, and not sure how the rollator would work on board.   Once on board there was regular bench/chair seating available. You might want to call and ask specifically about this. We enjoyed the excursion.  

I would definitely call the vendor and ask.  I have not been on this excursion but did 2 catamarans while in Hawaii a few years back.  One of them we had to run from the beach to the catamaran while the tide was out in order to get onboard.  We were running in shallow water and hopping up onto a ladder (similar to a pool ladder).  The other we boarded from a dock.  I'm sure the vendor can provide specific details for their excursion and would know if you can be accommodated.  Best of luck!

We took a tour with them in January 2020 right before the covid shutdown. I agree with others that you should contact them directly. While still an enjoyable trip, it was a little rough when we went out. Also as others have said there are steps to get on/off the boat and restroom. Our excursion group walked from the ship to the catamaran dock as well, which was a ways in the late afternoon heat. If you were to ride the scooter there I'm not sure where you could securely leave it.

Best to ask them directly.

We also went on this tour. It was nice, but at the time, I had a foot injury that was causing me some trouble on the boat. Just having to go up and down the steps was troublesome. I would not recommend this excursion for anyone with mobility issues. I ended up mostly just sitting in the shade where the bar was and where the provided snacks were. They actually used that narrow ledge behind our heads for that. It was still fun, but I felt we could have stayed on the ship and spent the money on a balcony dinner or a nice window table in the MDR. You can see from these pictures that it was also a bit crowded. 

2B6AEC53-A0CA-48B9-BC7C-5E6289962D6C.jpeg

6B05A76F-C9E8-40C8-A359-E8AB33BE20E1.jpeg

Edited by Happiest when cruising