Scary Medical Emergency - Cruise Credit Chance

49 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What company did you use to buy this type of coverage and only pay for $127 for 2 people?

I would take a wild guess that, like me, the person you are asking the question of self-insures the cost of the cruise and only declares a minimum "Trip Cost" per person to ensure the medical coverage.

If you don't need waiver of pre-existing conditions or CFAR, there is no legal requirement that you insure the total cost of the trip. You can choose to share the risk. Some policies don't even require that you cover the entire trip to waive pre-existing conditions.

I purchase a $100K Primary and $250K evac for $40 per person. I risk the $5K cost of the trip if I should have to cancel. Losing the $5K won't financially ruin me. The medical? potential devastation.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, Mikamarii said:

Amongst all our other benefits included she gets 5 million per person/per incident and pays $13/cheque for the entire benefit package for our family. Mine isn't as great as I pay $40/cheque and only get 2 million per person/per incident in travel benefits.

This has nothing to do with American healthcare or Canadian socialized medicine.  You are talking about your extended healthcare benefits provided by private insurance which is paid for by your private employer and yourself and is a benefit by your private employer.  Why throw shade at Americans

• Like 1