Dining reservations

tidefan

We are booked on Regal for June 1st and I have not been able to book our dining reservations.  Is it too early?  I go to the Princess app, then Dine my Way and it says that the cruise is too far out to book.  Am I doing something wrong or how far out before reservations open up?  Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Take a look at the "web version" instead of the app.  The app is just way too wonky for me...and it's MUCH easier to see what you're doing on a larger screen!

How do you book dining on the website? When I go to that page it tells me it's now moved to the app and I have to do it there.

9 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

How do you book dining on the website? When I go to that page it tells me it's now moved to the app and I have to do it there.

Log in to your Cruise Personalizer on the website.  The page that opens up will show "Check In With MedallionClass App" once you scroll down.  Underneath the "GooglePlay" icon that shows up on that page, look for the words: "Try our web version".  Click on that.  You will have to log back in using your Medallion App credentials (which may be different from your Princess.com credentials.)  Once you are logged in, you computer should function exactly the same way as you phone.  

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

You should be able to book after you have made final payment.  Elite and Platinum loyalty levels can book as soon as they book the cruise.

Reserve Collection mini-suites and full suites can book rights away too. 

I am slated to leave on my cruise on Sunday. I had my reservations fully booked months ago. On Tuesday I went to check and all of my dinner reservations, including the Crown Grill (which was paid for) were gone. Talk about a scramble to try and get ones done during the time we wanted to eat dinner. Crown Grill is now fully booked and they couldn't get me back in. So after a lot of back and forth we are doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. So if you do have your dinners booked keep an eye on them.

2 hours ago, HotRoot said:

I booked our dining for an August 2024 cruise several weeks ago.  I think we are just Ruby.

Read of this happening before and I'd like to know if it is intentional on Princess part now or yet another bug in the DMW App.

1 hour ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I am slated to leave on my cruise on Sunday. I had my reservations fully booked months ago. On Tuesday I went to check and all of my dinner reservations, including the Crown Grill (which was paid for) were gone. Talk about a scramble to try and get ones done during the time we wanted to eat dinner. Crown Grill is now fully booked and they couldn't get me back in. So after a lot of back and forth we are doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. So if you do have your dinners booked keep an eye on them.

And then check into it all day 1 on board because CG not likely fully sold out.  Also, make sure what MDR res you have and adjust as necessary.  Talk to DR mgmt if necessary.

Last year, we tried the app and it was a mess, perhaps they've improved it. This AM, completed our dining using the web version for our upcoming cruise. Zero problems for the entire process, not just dining. Hope that helps.

19 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

You will have to log back in using your Medallion App credentials (which may be different from your Princess.com credentials.) 

Your credentials for the Princess Medallion App and for the Princess.com web site should be the same. If they are different then you are going to have problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Your credentials for the Princess Medallion App and for the Princess.com web site should be the same. If they are different then you are going to have problems.

I’ll take your word for it. I know that when the Medallion App was first rolled out, it asked you to create a password and said that it could be different from the website login. But that’s been several years now. 

4 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Last year, we tried the app and it was a mess, perhaps they've improved it. This AM, completed our dining using the web version for our upcoming cruise. Zero problems for the entire process, not just dining. Hope that helps.

That’s encouraging however I’m still having problems with my DMW reservations.

Yesterday I booked a 2025 cruise (28 days) & used the app’s option to make the same nightly reservation. Day one was correct but the other 27 days were wrong so I had to manually edit each night. That’s a step backwards from our most recent Princess cruise a year ago which correctly reserved the same location, time & table size although once onboard all of them were changed & unable to have them restored.

When cruising Celebrity for the first time in December their app was troublefree including our nightly standing dinner reservations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s a step backwards from our most recent Princess cruise a year ago which correctly reserved the same location, time & table size although once onboard all of them were changed & unable to have them restored.

I should have added to my post that we are Elite, so we have access earlier than some others.

Anyway, I know exactly what you're referring to.

I saw two options at the top on Dine My Way. Make a reservation and Planner...something. I tried both options, started making reservations for each night, then thought what a dumb way to design this. The other button erased the previous reservations, then after the first date, I started clicking dates at the left side and realized it had made the reservation for every night, same time, same restaurant. Which is what I wanted anyway. I don't know what I did. Agree, they have a ways to go, but this was so much better than the app.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

I should have added to my post that we are Elite, so we have access earlier than some others.

Anyway, I know exactly what you're referring to.

I saw two options at the top on Dine My Way. Make a reservation and Planner...something. I tried both options, started making reservations for each night, then thought what a dumb way to design this. The other button erased the previous reservations, then after the first date, I started clicking dates at the left side and realized it had made the reservation for every night, same time, same restaurant. Which is what I wanted anyway. I don't know what I did. Agree, they have a ways to go, but this was so much better than the app.

Thanks…we’re also at the Elite level so we’re also eligible to immediately make DMW reservations when booking a cruise.

We’re on a Princess cruise in July in a Reserve Collection mini-suite.  Made speciality restaurant reservations months ago on the app.  Made our final payment recently and suddenly the restaurant reservations disappeared.  Contacted customer service and they were able to “find” the lost reservations.  Keep an eye on your Dine My Way to make sure your reservations don’t disappear. 

On 4/7/2023 at 9:18 AM, Steelers36 said:

Read of this happening before and I'd like to know if it is intentional on Princess part now or yet another bug in the DMW App.

I was able to make all our dinner reservations already for May 2024. Cruise is not fully paid yet. We are gold level. I did this through the web version, not the app. I'm kind of expecting them to disappear and having to redo them, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, no1racefan1 said:

I was able to make all our dinner reservations already for May 2024. Cruise is not fully paid yet. We are gold level. I did this through the web version, not the app. I'm kind of expecting them to disappear and having to redo them, lol.

Nice for you I suppose, but another perk some of us are supposed to have that isn't working as promised/documented.  I kept an eye of our DR reservations last year for last Fall.  Things weren't being done wholesale like dropping, changes, etc, as it seems happening lately.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:25 AM, JimmyVWine said:

I’ll take your word for it. I know that when the Medallion App was first rolled out, it asked you to create a password and said that it could be different from the website login. But that’s been several years now. 

That was probably more a problem of the programmers and their managers not understanding the problem domain and sad to say they seem to still not fully understand it.