cost of cabanas?

caminomama

Am I remembering correctly that the cabana area closes at 5pm?  I would be very tempted to rent a retreat cabana on warm cruises if it stayed open later.  What a nice spot to star gaze late at night!  I love balcony cabins for that reason but would definitely consider an Ocean View cabin plus cabana if I could use it at night. 

~Nancy

• Like 1

Yes, the Retreat area closes at 5pm.  Wish it was at least 6pm in the summer.  Most of the furniture in the middle is stacked inside the cabanas.  However, I think some of the cabana furniture might be accessible after hours.  That said, there are lots of good places for stargazing throughout the ship.  But, many of the deck chairs are stacked and tied down at night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can go to the Retreat most nights after closing. No, there won't be any service, but you can still go there. Cleaning might be happening. Occasionally a cocktail party or a dinner is held there for invited guests (not specifically for cabana users).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a cabana on the Rotterdam in March. Wonderful service. I’d go up at 5:30-5:45 am. The stewards were busy setting up but found time to get coffee for me by 6! Usually left by 5 pm but it was always open. There were other places to sit other than the loungers if you wish to star gaze. I would get another cabana in a flash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One trick I learned on our recent cruise. If you have both a cabana and balcony, get them on opposite sides of the ship, so if the sun gets too unbearable in one direction, you can go to the other one and it'll be in the shade. We did that by accident really and it worked out, wife loved having the option to bail out on a few hot days.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hi all,

I've tried to find out how to reserve a cabana on the Rotterdam but I can't find any links or offerings on the website or my reservation.   

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this reservation?

Thanks as always!

9 minutes ago, tymike said:

Hi all,

I've tried to find out how to reserve a cabana on the Rotterdam but I can't find any links or offerings on the website or my reservation.   

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this reservation?

Thanks as always!

google "halfacts cabana" to get this:

https://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/HAL_2018_Cabanas.pdf

While the dates are old on this the prices were current as of last fall when we booked our cabana.

Thank you Shalandara!

Am I staying up too late or do I not see the Rotterdam on the link you provided?  I saw above that someone loved the cabanas on the Rotterdam but I can't seem to see them anywhere.

Again...my sincere thanks!

5 hours ago, tymike said:

Thank you Shalandara!

Am I staying up too late or do I not see the Rotterdam on the link you provided?  I saw above that someone loved the cabanas on the Rotterdam but I can't seem to see them anywhere.

Again...my sincere thanks!

That fact sheet predates the construction of the Rotterdam.  It has the same basic layout as its sister ships (Koningsdam and N. Statendam) so use that one when figuring out which cabana number to ask for.

• Like 1

You need to call to book a cabana. They will send you an email confirmation and keep a copy because one of the several times we rented one, they said we were not on the list. We love getting a cabana and will continue to do so on every warm weather cruise. The list of items included on the older pdf isn't accurate, but basically the cabana stewards will get you anything you want for breakfast, lunch or to drink (specialty coffees or alcohol). Sparkling wine and some sort of snack in the afternoon. Once in a while it will be chocolate covered strawberries but not always.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greysandy said:

You need to call to book a cabana. They will send you an email confirmation and keep a copy because one of the several times we rented one, they said we were not on the list. We love getting a cabana and will continue to do so on every warm weather cruise. The list of items included on the older pdf isn't accurate, but basically the cabana stewards will get you anything you want for breakfast, lunch or to drink (specialty coffees or alcohol). Sparkling wine and some sort of snack in the afternoon. Once in a while it will be chocolate covered strawberries but not always.

I'm surprised about the strawberries.  Seems a lot of things are gone but the strawberries always seem to be there.  I can't  really eat them so I notice them being offered.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 2:58 PM, Greysandy said:

You need to call to book a cabana. They will send you an email confirmation and keep a copy because one of the several times we rented one, they said we were not on the list.

Definitely keep that receipt.  There have been at least 2 lengthy posts on here about booking a corner family cabana then getting bumped short notice.  The posts both indicated the people who booked got bumped by some sort of VIPs.  If you are booking a regular 2-person cabana, there should be a lot lower chance of getting bumped as compared to the family cabanas of which each ship only has 2.

We are receiving excellent service in our family cabana on Deck 11 on Nieuw Amsterdam and have had no issues with other guests being loud. Food and beverage service is excellent, and each day at 2 pm they serve sparkling wine with a small plate of chocolate covered strawberries and frozen grapes.  The servers provide menus for breakfast and lunch (from the Lido and the burger bar) and they will also bring you drinks from the bar or coffee bar, according to whichever drink package you have purchased.  The cabanas are open from 9am to 5 pm, and they do remove all of the cushions from the loungers and wicker chairs every day at closing. There really is no place to sit comfortably in the off hours.  I am very pleased with the service provided and would book a cabana again without hesitation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1