Arvia Godmother on Ant and Dec Takeaway

Gettingwarmer

6 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Nobody has said that you can't post your opinion.

However, if you post an opinion, it's reasonable to expect people to reply with their thoughts, which may be different to yours. 

That's very different to 'complaining about a post' - nobody has complained about you posting, and they have listened, because they have responded.  I don't think anybody actually said there were fans of Ant and Dec either. 

Well I think Ant and Dec are quite entertaining. I guess nobody will be watching their South Africa programme later this month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Well I think Ant and Dec are quite entertaining. I guess nobody will be watching their South Africa programme later this month.

Ant and Dec appeal to the under age  children who think doing anything on TV or stage is funny. They are not talented, just loud and raucous.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Ant and Dec appeal to the under age  children who think doing anything on TV or stage is funny. They are not talented, just loud and raucous.

In your opinion. Who is your favourite?.

10 hours ago, zap99 said:

In your opinion. Who is your favourite?.

It would seem in many peoples opinion. If you notice Ant and Decs only talent seems to be embarassing members of the public/audience/competitors and celebrities. This apparently appeals to the lower classes. I don't have a favourite as I don't watch  TV except quiz night on a monday on BBC2. Of the older generation I liked Joan Rivers ,George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Deff Leppard etc. All old timers but the best. Also South Park.

Edited by Yorkypete
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

It would seem in many peoples opinion. If you notice Ant and Decs only talent seems to be embarassing members of the public/audience/competitors and celebrities. This apparently appeals to the lower classes. I don't have a favourite as I don't watch  TV except quiz night on a monday on BBC2. Of the older generation I liked Joan Rivers ,George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Deff Leppard etc. All old timers but the best. Also South Park.

Yeah. That talented presenter Deff Leppard. Anyway can't stop and chat. Off to the Airport and Malta with the common folk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Yeah. That talented presenter Deff Leppard. Anyway can't stop and chat. Off to the Airport and Malta with the common folk.

🎵 I wanna fly with common people..🎵 Hope you and Mrs Zapp have a good time 🙂

Which you will 🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Again sarcasam to the fore. I did not mention what job they did only who I liked. Hope you have a  good time in my favourite place abroad. Off to the USA in a few weeks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I can’t believe in this day and age people are still using phrases like ‘lower classes’. I suppose you will think I am lower class. I was brought up in a council house, my mum used to clean for a local councillor, my dad worked on the shop floor at De Haviland, none of which I am ashamed or embarrassed about. I went to a very good local grammar school and had a good career, as has my husband (another one brought up in a council house). As a result we both have good pensions that allow us to cruise regularly. Not bad for the ‘lower class’.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I can’t believe in this day and age people are still using phrases like ‘lower classes’. I suppose you will think I am lower class. I was brought up in a council house, my mum used to clean for a local councillor, my dad worked on the shop floor at De Haviland, none of which I am ashamed or embarrassed about. I went to a very good local grammar school and had a good career, as has my husband (another one brought up in a council house). As a result we both have good pensions that allow us to cruise regularly. Not bad for the ‘lower class’.

It is more about how they behave than what class they are. I have met some truly obnoxious 'posh' people and also on cruise ships.

If there are behavioural problems you should go to reception and report it. In a similar way aboard Oceana I was shocked when they were playing a song on the pool deck that had explicit obscene language. I mentioned it to reception and never heard anything like that again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with you Dave. We generally go for a table for 6 fixed dining (obviously not or Iona or Arvia). We have had some great table companions. On one of our Caribbean cruises we had a lovely couple from Preston and the other from Leeds. The Leeds couple talked about themselves all the time and how much money they had and how many cruises they had done, constantly reminding us that they were Ligurian. The wife quite often came down drunk and seldom ate anything. She was once drunk in the Blue Bar, sitting on a bar stool and slipping all the time. Her husband was nowhere to be seen, the poor waiters did not know what to do with her. She didn’t arrive at dinner that night. 

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

I assume it's tounge in cheek, at least I hope so.

Ever cheerful and hopeful and common of Woking.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

🎵 I wanna fly with common people..🎵 Hope you and Mrs Zapp have a good time 🙂

Which you will 🙃

At the BA executive gold club check in the Lady said ' terribly sorry sir, madam there is a 25 minute delay to your flight'. She then looked at my passport.  Oi.  No commoners at this desk.....round the back mate.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Did I say cruisers are 'lower classes'? NO. I said that people who find Ant and Dec entertaining by embarassing people are possibly the lower class. Cruisers usually have plenty of money judging by what they spend and eat! Incidentally I was brought up  in a back to back terrace house with an outside shared toilet.

Edited by Yorkypete

Please don't think I am extracting the Michael, but are we going to end up here with 'When I was little we lived in a bucket, and all I had to play with was a matchbox and a pebble'.  Although a lot of those stories are very amusing.😉

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

Did I say cruisers are 'lower classes'? NO. I said that people who find Ant and Dec entertaining by embarassing people are possibly the lower class. Cruisers usually have plenty of money judging by what they spend and eat! Incidentally I was brought up  in a back to back terrace house with an outside shared toilet.

Shared toilet..?.....Lookshoory.

58 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Please don't think I am extracting the Michael, but are we going to end up here with 'When I was little we lived in a bucket, and all I had to play with was a matchbox and a pebble'.  Although a lot of those stories are very amusing.😉

One of my favourite sketches

• Haha 5

Well 'm Proud to be 'lower class' because one of the benefits for me was not wanting a 'career' or to 'climb the Corporate Ladder' it let me live my life the way i wanted not the way others did there's.

I 'did' what was right not just say it including when others wanted me to do different to suit/benefit them.

I treat every single person with the same respect job titles mean nothing to me, if someone disrespects me i do the  same to them no matter who they are.

When my time comes to leave this earth i will be Proud of what i've given/done in my life not how far up a job 'Chain of Command' i managed to climb.

Always said i was Not everyone's 'cup of tea', didn't say the 'right' thing in trying to be if i had wanted to do that i would have to have gone against my principles.

Never ever seen a Job Description where  it said 'you deserve more respect than other's'.

Proud to be 'common'.

(P.S Still hate Ant & Dec Common or Posh)😜

Always find it laughable when people say something wrong then try there best to get out of it rather than just put there hands up and say 'i was wrong'.

If Keith Lemon is a 'Character' so are Elton John, Helen Mirren and Michael Cain to name just a few.