Wine

We are allowed 1 bottle each correct? We are on a b/b can we bring 2 bottles each? And if we can, do they take the other 2 bottles & deliver them to your room at the start of the 2nd cruise or do you have to go down somewhere & pick them up?

george35

48 minutes ago, george35 said:

We are allowed 1 bottle each correct? We are on a b/b can we bring 2 bottles each? And if we can, do they take the other 2 bottles & deliver them to your room at the start of the 2nd cruise or do you have to go down somewhere & pick them up?

george35

Two bottles should be held for the second cruise and returned on the last night of the first cruise.  In reality you should have no problem taking two bottles in each persons carryon.  Security has no idea who is who when going through the scanners.  We have in the past usually taken two bottles each and never had a problem , now that our vouchers are good at any bar any time lugging bottles of wine onboard is hit or miss for us. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Security has no idea who is who when going through the scanners. 

And…does anyone believe that the screener who’s probably underpaid by the company contracted by the port authority (low bid) really cares whether or not you have one or two bottles of wine?  Does anyone believe that this screener, if he/she does see a bag with two bottles of wine in it, is going to hold back that bag (and passenger) until an RCL rep can be found to confiscate the contraband?

On 4/8/2023 at 4:30 PM, taglovestocruise said:

In reality you should have no problem taking two bottles in each persons carryon.  Security has no idea who is who when going through the scanners.  We have in the past usually taken two bottles each and never had a problem ,

The rules recently changed.  It's one bottle per person (age 21+), not two bottles per stateroom.

I recently did a b2b on Rhapsody.

We like Asti, which never appears on any RC ship, so we came with 2 bottles each and gladly handed over the 2 bottles for our second cruise, expecting them to appear in our stateroom on the last day of the first cruise.

They never turned up, so I went to guest services and was surprised by the amount of push back. So much so, it made me wonder if I had got it wrong.

It took me quite a bit of reasoning with them before they agreed to return the 2 bottles and even then it was with some reluctance on their part. I got the impression they just wanted rid of me.

From my point of view, logically, I was entitled to those bottles according to their rules. Also, I really didn't want to have to pack them again and fly home with them.

• Like 1

Here’s our experience at Port Everglades.  DH and I boarded a B2B on Odyssey last weekend. To see what would happen we went through two different security lines.😀

DH took 2 bottles of wine in a single bag.  He reports that his X-ray screener looked carefully at his bag but did not say anything.  He came through with his two bottle without clarifying that he is a B2B guest. 

I also had 2 bottles but separate into two different bags.  My screener matched the bags to me, confirming that each bag had a bottle.  I explained I was b2b, holding paperwork for both as they called their superior.  The superior heard B2B and waived me through; she showed no interest in holding the second bottle until the second cruise.

So, different some screeners will indeed match bags to passengers and note overages.  They may or may not hold extra bottles of b2b guests as specified on Royal’s website. 

Edited by Starry Eyes