Just off of the Legend out of Baltimore and never...

silverturtle

13 hours ago, eas2225 said:

I'm in Pennsburg/Green Lane and have been on the Pride out of Baltimore 8 times and have the same experience.  All have been 7 or 8 nights.  Have not smelled pot either.

Nice to hear.   I'm leaving from Port Canaveral on Saturday and hope I don't have that experience again. 

On 4/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, SeaShark said:

Buttons or not, you don't need to dry dock a ship to fix a hot tub.

That’s fair, perhaps the hot tub was not a great example.  My point was the ship was in decent shape but was showing some wear in some places.  It really just needs a bit of sprucing.

The jet/whirlpool buttons I saw were worn away/broken and I thought it was odd they were left that way. It did not impact my enjoyment of the cruise, it was just something I noticed.  I figured at the time, perhaps incorrectly, that they save repair/replacement for larger items for times like dry dock. I guess I was wrong. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 5:40 PM, eas2225 said:

I'm in Pennsburg/Green Lane and have been on the Pride out of Baltimore 8 times and have the same experience.  All have been 7 or 8 nights.  Have not smelled pot either.

Hi neighbor!

We are in Gilbertsville.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

4 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I have yet to see a drug dog.  Which ports have them. My last 2 cruises were out of long beach.  Before that Galveston.

I've seen them at Port Canaveral and Miami since January. 😎

11 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I have yet to see a drug dog.  Which ports have them. My last 2 cruises were out of long beach.  Before that Galveston.

I was on a cruise in Long Beach a little over a month ago, and they had them then.

On 4/14/2023 at 4:08 PM, Eli_6 said:

Speaking of the drug dogs, when we boarded last week, the dog came up and stuck his nose right in my crotch and kept sniffing it repeatedly. I swear, I had NO DRUGS in my crotch.  The police officer told me "Just keep moving" and the dog continued to follow me and stick his nose in my butt.  Eventually the dog moved on, but I was a little concerned there for a minute....

Maybe the dogs were checking for Lawyers, LOL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

Maybe the dogs were checking for Lawyers, LOL.

😂🤣 Touche, touche. 

Although, I think crotch/butt sniffing is actually a thing a lot of dogs do. We had a Great Dane we really had to work with on this because he would do this every time he met a stranger and people are really intimidated by such a large dog doing that to them.

I posted a review of our cruise on Magic out of Port Canaveral and I received a number of negative responses about carry on items checked by the drug sniffing dogs.  The common theme was indignity of it.  I really didn't care.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

I posted a review of our cruise on Magic out of Port Canaveral and I received a number of negative responses about carry on items checked by the drug sniffing dogs.  The common theme was indignity of it.  I really didn't care.

🤣 And most of them are quite happy to have TSA grope grandma in a fruitless exercise. At least dogs have a high success rate.

"In recent undercover tests of multiple airport security checkpoints by the Department of Homeland Security, inspectors said screeners, their equipment or their procedures failed more than half the time, according to a source familiar with the classified report.

When ABC News asked the source if the failure rate was 80 percent, the response was, 'You are in the ballpark'..."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, staceyglow said:

I was on a cruise in Long Beach a little over a month ago, and they had them then.

Feb 28, 2023 Long Beach Carnival Radiance had them. I think procedure was a bit new as line stalled , and was slow. I am curious if the dog has a success rate. 

Interestingly enough when the dogs catch a whiff, they will lay down in front of the person and/or their bag and refuse to move.  They don't get excited and keep sniffing if they detect drugs.   I saw the dogs get a bit exuberant with a couple of people on our last cruise, so I asked the security guys, inquiring minds want to know, LOL!  It could be any number of things that they are reacting to, but it isn't drugs.

2 minutes ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

Interestingly enough when the dogs catch a whiff, they will lay down in front of the person and/or their bag and refuse to move.  They don't get excited and keep sniffing if they detect drugs.   I saw the dogs get a bit exuberant with a couple of people on our last cruise, so I asked the security guys, inquiring minds want to know, LOL!  It could be any number of things that they are reacting to, but it isn't drugs.

Yep.  Dogs at airport security at MCO were really interested in some guys suitcase. Couldn't stop sniffing it, but didn't sit or lay down.  The guy was really uncomfortable. Security guy with the dog told him not to worry.... he just needed to do his laundry when he got home! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Yep.  Dogs at airport security at MCO were really interested in some guys suitcase. Couldn't stop sniffing it, but didn't sit or lay down.  The guy was really uncomfortable. Security guy with the dog told him not to worry.... he just needed to do his laundry when he got home! 

My son has helped train contraband-sniffing dogs, and the newbies sometimes get excited because they know they are going to get their reward (usually playing with a toy),  They eventually learn to "act cool".  😄