HMC Villas are listed as $999.99 now?!?!

missholly24

23 minutes ago, Moparfiend said:

To add to the price increase in the villas, I just got this email about the removal of the AC

The rental is for June 2024

-----------------------------------------

Our records indicate that you have purchased tickets for the following tour for your cruise:

Beach Villa Rental in the port of Half Moon Cay.

Kindly note that the Island’s operational team just advised us that from the 1st of October, 2023 the Villas on Half Moon Cay will no longer be air-conditioned.  

If this change in the amenities no longer fits your needs, you can log into your portal and cancel your booking for a full refund. Please note that refunds are processed to the original form of payments and in case of Credit cards it takes 7-10 days to process.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

CARNIVAL ADVENTURES TEAM

Carnival Cruise Line

CHOOSE FUN®

In my opinion, the AC at HMC cabanas never worked that well to make that big of a difference.  We opened up the side windows and turned on all the fans to keep coolish. On Princess Cay, the cabanas AC works very well and that is definitely needed since the cabana is more like a room without breezes.

1 minute ago, balcony bound said:

That's just... wrong!!

This goes for both cabanas and villas. Somebody posted their email in a Venezia group. I have 2 cruises booked, one for November and one end of next April.  I actually thought of using some of my credit towards one in April, not so much now.

2 minutes ago, sammee said:

This goes for both cabanas and villas. Somebody posted their email in a Venezia group. I have 2 cruises booked, one for November and one end of next April.  I actually thought of using some of my credit towards one in April, not so much now.

I'd love to know why.

Over the 18 years or so we've been visiting HMC it has become less of a draw to us.  The ships got bigger making it so much more crowded, the cabanas steadily increased in price to the point of not worth it for us.  We had our last cabana a few months ago.  HMC is just No longer on my radar.  Kinda sad.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I'd love to know why.

Over the 18 years or so we've been visiting HMC it has become less of a draw to us.  The ships got bigger making it so much more crowded, the cabanas steadily increased in price to the point of not worth it for us.  We had our last cabana a few months ago.  HMC is just No longer on my radar.  Kinda sad.

Same here, I'm not big on excursions, but always splurged on this. It was a nice treat to look forward to in between our dips in the water. I never bothered with them in Grand Turk or any ports. I realize they are trying to make money again, but one can only wonder, what's next.

10 minutes ago, sammee said:

Same here, I'm not big on excursions, but always splurged on this. It was a nice treat to look forward to in between our dips in the water. I never bothered with them in Grand Turk or any ports. I realize they are trying to make money again, but one can only wonder, what's next.

Us too.  We have decided to just stay on the ship this time around on our Feb cruise.  Figure the pool/hot tubs will be pretty empty.  Maybe book a massage.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bafinegan said:

Us too.  We have decided to just stay on the ship this time around on our Feb cruise.  Figure the pool/hot tubs will be pretty empty.  Maybe book a massage.......

In November, I'll suck it up with a clamshell. It shouldn't be that bad, plus being Thanksgiving Day, we probably won't be out there that long. I really do love the water there.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 2:07 PM, CorrieCJ said:

So with cabanas sold out for my August 6 cruise, I'm debating what to do. We are a family of 6 and have had one on each of our trips to HMC... but I missed out this time and at $699 will probably not bite even if one becomes available. I'm going to buy masks and snorkels for the kids at Target, and maybe bring an inflatable raft or two (or splurge the $20/ea to rent them). Just worried about finding some shade (I know the clamshells are an option but I hear they oversell them, hard to find one, etc.)

There has always been plenty of hammocks in the shade around the cabana we used to rent everytime. (down around the bathrooms, I forget the exact number. About halfway down the beach)

1 hour ago, skywalkr2 said:

I can't believe this discussion is still going on here lol

That's because Carnival decided to sweeten their own wallet by taking away the A/C from cabanas and villas yesterday. I'm sure we'll see even more going on.

Just now, sammee said:

That's because Carnival decided to sweeten their own wallet by taking away the A/C from cabanas and villas yesterday. I'm sure we'll see even more going on.

Oh my.  What's the point then.  Its sure not a $1000 value.

I just received an e-mail from Carnival that they are taking away the air conditioners in villas and cabanas and refunding us 10% of what we paid!   That's fair enough in my opinion.   The letter is the first I heard of them replacing the AC's with fans.  In my opinion, air conditioners in an open air building was a waste and wondered why they even had them.  The fans should work fine and I will be happy to get a hundred bucks back to spend elsewhere.  

• Like 3

On 4/10/2023 at 9:35 AM, Buckeyefrank100 said:

This isn't only a Carnival issue.  We're booked on the Icon OTS and a cabana at Coco Cay is $1500 for the day.  It's everywhere.

Same. The floating cabanas were more than my first car. We sail in March.

On 9/7/2023 at 7:43 AM, Moparfiend said:

To add to the price increase in the villas, I just got this email about the removal of the AC

Our records indicate that you have purchased tickets for the following tour for your cruise:

Kindly note that the Island’s operational team just advised us that from the 1st of October, 2023 the Villas on Half Moon Cay will no longer be air-conditioned.  

If this change in the amenities no longer fits your needs, you can log into your portal and cancel your booking for a full refund. Please note that refunds are processed to the original form of payments and in case of Credit cards it takes 7-10 days to process.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

CARNIVAL ADVENTURES TEAM

Carnival Cruise Line

CHOOSE FUN®

Now that explains the increased cost.  They need the extra money to cover the cost of removing all of those the air conditioners🤔.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Haha 5

On 9/7/2023 at 6:22 PM, Cinnamon2 said:

I just received an e-mail from Carnival that they are taking away the air conditioners in villas and cabanas and refunding us 10% of what we paid!   That's fair enough in my opinion.   The letter is the first I heard of them replacing the AC's with fans.  In my opinion, air conditioners in an open air building was a waste and wondered why they even had them.  The fans should work fine and I will be happy to get a hundred bucks back to spend elsewhere.  

On 9/7/2023 at 7:43 AM, Moparfiend said:

Regards,

CARNIVAL ADVENTURES TEAM

Carnival Cruise Line

CHOOSE FUN®

Oh that completely seals the no for me. 

On 9/7/2023 at 6:22 PM, Cinnamon2 said:

I am very heat sensitive due to a health issue. To me the A/C made a huge difference. It enabled me to stay on the island all day. For the current price, I would either stay on the ship or go over, swim for an hour and go back to the ship. Currently, I’m just not booking itineraries that stop there. 

26 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Just wondering - if the price dropped to $750 or $500 would people be more amenable to a villa without air conditioning? Oddly enough this topic has yet to raise its head on the HAL boards.

If they keep selling out even without air-conditioning, I wouldn't expect to see a price drop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

If they keep selling out even without air-conditioning, I wouldn't expect to see a price drop.

The cabanas and villas that people are enjoying now and probably the rest of the year were most likely reserved before the price increase. We will be in HMC on the Vista in April, and there are over 10 cabanas still available. They have been available since this past April. They used to sell out very quickly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RD64 said:

Just wondering - if the price dropped to $750 or $500 would people be more amenable to a villa without air conditioning? Oddly enough this topic has yet to raise its head on the HAL boards.

Because HAL doesn't charge those prices. 

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Because HAL doesn't charge those prices. 

They do now actually. Last month I saw them for $599 on their website. I just checked now and they are indeed $999 like Carnival. I would pay $500 without air. Those were some of the best days Ive ever had in my life but still can’t justify an extra $1000 for 8 hrs of the cruise. Sucks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The cabanas and villas that people are enjoying now and probably the rest of the year were most likely reserved before the price increase. We will be in HMC on the Vista in April, and there are over 10 cabanas still available. They have been available since this past April. They used to sell out very quickly. 

Yeah I can remember doing the mad dash to guest services when I booked a last minute cruise that the cabanas were "sold out" online.  My November Venezia cruise shows over 10 available on both types. My April cruise on Sunshine shows Villas sold out (probably before raise) and cabanas over 10 available.

Now I noticed they added something new. Umbrellas, not sure how that's going to work. The way it reads, it sounds like they give you a bag with all the equipment to set it up yourself. I forgot the exact price, but cheaper than a clamshell. We may try that in November.

31 minutes ago, sammee said:

Now I noticed they added something new. Umbrellas, not sure how that's going to work. The way it reads, it sounds like they give you a bag with all the equipment to set it up yourself. I forgot the exact price, but cheaper than a clamshell. We may try that in November.

How much for the umbrella?  I have seen people bring their own beach umbrellas on HMC.  TIA!

HMC beach.jpg

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

How much for the umbrella?  I have seen people bring their own beach umbrellas on HMC.  TIA!

HMC beach.jpg

Yeah, I've seen that too, Looks like $34.99 Details - Umbrella Rental: Relax under your very own umbrella on Half Moon Cay's stunning beach. Powdery white sand, turquoise waters – the perfect combo. Your umbrella comes with a carry bag, ultra-base, canopy, towel hooks, and nifty tools for beach setup.

• Thanks 2